LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2019, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 8
HSS928CT (Canadian model)

Hey guys, I just purchased the HSS928CT as I could not find the electric start model in stock. Things I am looking to do is to
1. rejet - Can you recommend the jet size?
2. double articulating chute - is this just the little arm that swaps over from the HSS1332ATD, or do I need the whole chute?
3. hour meter - Can this be one without the battery to power it?
4. heated hand grips.

I'm coming from a 12 year old MTD pro 30" with the 10.5 Tecumseh snowking engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2019, 05:04 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 38
Thanks (Received): 173
Likes (Given): 91
Likes (Received): 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
#92 - Here's the re-jetting video: https://www.snowblowerforum.com/foru...how-video.html
Quote:
2. double articulating chute - is this just the little arm that swaps over from the HSS1332ATD, or do I need the whole chute?
It's quite a few parts... See this post: https://www.snowblowerforum.com/foru...697-post2.html
Quote:
Quite a few of us are using this Tach/Hour Meter combo: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RacingPower...cAAOSwsZhcVlxC
Quote:
4. heated hand grips.
Several of us have installed Oxford Heated Grips, but we're all using them on units with the battery: https://www.snowblowerforum.com/foru...ted-grips.html
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks blue dragon thanked for this post
Likes orangputeh, eyebolt, Aviator liked this post
Old 03-11-2019, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks, really appreciate the links to the posts.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
So for fellow Canucks, you cannot get the updated chute from Canada (either the articulating or non-articulating). Since I was doing the double articulating chute, I ordered the parts from Jacks Small Engines. they have it in stock and the shipping charges are the most reasonable. The rest of the parts including the #92 jet I ordered from boats.net

I still need to figure out how to do the oxford heated grips with the battery to connect to. I was mightily impressed that the blower cleared out the hardpacked snow that had been there all winter

Last edited by blue dragon; 03-18-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 180
Likes (Received): 41
Quote:
So for fellow Canucks, you cannot get the updated chute from Canada (either the articulating or non-articulating). Since I was doing the double articulating chute, I ordered the parts from Jacks Small Engines. they have it in stock and the shipping charges are the most reasonable. The rest of the parts including the #92 jet I ordered from boats.net

I still need to figure out how to do the oxford heated grips with the battery to connect to. I was mightily impressed that the blower cleared out the hardpacked snow that had been there all winter

I have a Canadian HS 928 I ordered a 92 jet to rejet the carb. I didnt check before ordering, Turns out my Canadian already had a 92 jet in it. The HSS models may be different. But dont be surprised if it has a 92 already in it.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 92
Likes (Received): 38
Garage
Prime, for what its worth, this winter I installed a new to me, HS928 tractor unit on my HS724 bucket.....the few times I could load up the machine with the little snow we did have here in Kitchener area, I found the engine searching a little..... a #95 jet got rid of the problem as tested last week in the afternoon sun drenched sugary stuff I had left around. The Honda factory new carb had a 92 jet like you found.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 180
Likes (Received): 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by contender View Post
Prime, for what its worth, this winter I installed a new to me, HS928 tractor unit on my HS724 bucket.....the few times I could load up the machine with the little snow we did have here in Kitchener area, I found the engine searching a little..... a #95 jet got rid of the problem as tested last week in the afternoon sun drenched sugary stuff I had left around. The Honda factory new carb had a 92 jet like you found.
I opened it just a hair with a small bit, not sure the bit size but small, turned with my fingers, could hardly see a difference. When I fired it up I didnt care for the way the engine was running and I put back the 92 I dont have a real issue with performance. I was just experimenting to see if I could gain a little.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:45 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 77
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 155
Likes (Received): 119
Quote:
Hey guys, I just purchased the HSS928CT as I could not find the electric start model in stock. Things I am looking to do is to
4. heated hand grips.

I'm coming from a 12 year old MTD pro 30" with the 10.5 Tecumseh snowking engine.
You might not have to "Re-Jet" your Canadian model, they don't have to meet the USA emissions so they can be run a little bit richer to begin with. They may already have the bigger jet in it from the factory. Check with an authorized Honda dealer to see if it already has a bigger jet than the USA models. You don't want to "Over-Jet" it, you will cause unwanted operating problems, poor power and performance and bad fuel economy, you will be using too much fuel to get the job done by running it over rich, which could cause hard starting problems and black smoke coming out the exhaust.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 698
Thanks (Received): 190
Likes (Given): 1143
Likes (Received): 1152
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabora View Post
#92 - Here's the re-jetting video: https://www.snowblowerforum.com/foru...how-video.html
It's quite a few parts... See this post: https://www.snowblowerforum.com/foru...697-post2.html

Quite a few of us are using this Tach/Hour Meter combo: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RacingPower...cAAOSwsZhcVlxC

Several of us have installed Oxford Heated Grips, but we're all using them on units with the battery: https://www.snowblowerforum.com/foru...ted-grips.html
@tabora ....+4.

you are one of the 'go to" people for honda questions. thank you.

would be happy to have you visit our facebook group Honda Snowblower Enthusiasts. always looking for new honda people to help out our members.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Old 03-19-2019, 05:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1100A View Post
You might not have to "Re-Jet" your Canadian model, they don't have to meet the USA emissions so they can be run a little bit richer to begin with. They may already have the bigger jet in it from the factory. Check with an authorized Honda dealer to see if it already has a bigger jet than the USA models. You don't want to "Over-Jet" it, you will cause unwanted operating problems, poor power and performance and bad fuel economy, you will be using too much fuel to get the job done by running it over rich, which could cause hard starting problems and black smoke coming out the exhaust.
Surprisingly, HSS models are jetted the same GLOBALLY. We have had a couple people from other countries provide their factory jet size and itís identical to US models.

Honda HSS1328AATD | Honda HS720 | Toro Powerlite | Simplicity 860se

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in