Honda (HS55) labels/stickers/decals to buy? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 04-24-2019, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 5
Honda (HS55) labels/stickers/decals to buy?

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a website where OE or similar stickers/decals can be purchased? Mine are cracked and faded and I'd like to bring them back to life.

I found www.clickitandatickit.com but they want $85USD for some stickers... Yikes

Thanks in advance.

Mike
(proud owner of HS55TA k2)

EDIT: since found that www.boats.net still sells 7 of the stickers/labels so thats a start...

Last edited by Toats MaGoats; 04-25-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 04-24-2019, 12:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 23
Thanks (Received): 31
Likes (Given): 41
Likes (Received): 192
Garage
I have used their repro's for a couple older Ariens. Very pleased with the results and I'm going to use them for another Ariens this spring. I thought considering looking around that they were inexpensive by comparison to others.

I did a complete machine for something like $40 total, but I only needed the engine decals x 2. It probably would have been a comparable price had I needed the tractor, bucket and handlebar decals too.

I see that kit is indeed $85. Yikes.

1974 Ariens 922008/922003 "Frankenstein", my dad's 1st new snowblower
1971 Ariens 922002/922003 "The Badger", recent addition, ready for snow
1971 Ariens 922002/922003 "Juneau", finally ready for snow
1971 Ariens 910962/910995 "Bill", SOLD 3/7/2019
post #3 of 26 Old 04-24-2019, 01:19 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 31
Thanks (Received): 132
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 230
Depending on which stickers you need, some of the "Honda" stickers from the HSS series machines may do and they're MUCH less expensive than the HS stickers.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Toats MaGoats thanked for this post
post #4 of 26 Old 04-24-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabora View Post
Depending on which stickers you need, some of the "Honda" stickers from the HSS series machines may do and they're MUCH less expensive than the HS stickers.
I'd hate to false advertise and plus they never made an HSS55 still not sure what's the differences between the HS and HSS models. Is it a money grab or totally different machines?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 26 Old 04-24-2019, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I used rustoleum gloss Apple Red and it came out PERFECT. I'm in process of replacing a bunch of parts and degreasing it all. It looks so beautiful and I'm just about to put it together tonight (I hope)

post #6 of 26 Old 04-24-2019, 07:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 599
Thanks (Received): 131
Likes (Given): 813
Likes (Received): 852
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toats MaGoats View Post
I'd hate to false advertise and plus they never made an HSS55 still not sure what's the differences between the HS and HSS models. Is it a money grab or totally different machines?

It's not false advertising if you cut out one the of "S's and merge 2 S's together.They look like 5's. I have done it for a HS928 from a HSS928 decal from boats.net and the HSS decals are much cheaper as @tabora mentioned.

I use a paper cutter for nice clean accurate cuts. You can not even see any difference unless you get 2 inches away from the finished application.

How about some pics?

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #7 of 26 Old 04-25-2019, 12:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 88
Likes (Received): 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toats MaGoats View Post

There is a difference in the machines. The "HS" is the standard Honda Snowblower.
The "HSS" is the Honda Steerable Snowblower. They are the newer models.
The "HSS" model uses a different transmission than the "HS" model with the "Live Axle", and the Auger Housing is a little bit different.
The "HS" model uses the Genuine Honda Hydro Transmission that is connected to a "Sub Transmission" that is bolted to the right tractor frame and drives the drive axle for the wheels or tracks, the "HSS" uses an aftermarket transmission with the steering clutches inside of the transmission housing and its drive axles go to the wheels or tracks instead of using a "Sub Transmission" for that purpose.
The "HS" transmission is a serviceable unit, where you can get replacement parts for it and repair it if necessary.

Last edited by ST1100A; 04-25-2019 at 12:24 AM.
post #8 of 26 Old 04-25-2019, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Wow well now I know what HSS means.

Well I'm happy with my HS55 so far and with this maintenance I hope to be very happy with it.
The auger gear box fluid was black with shiny bits in it. Since I had it fully removed I opened it up to investigate why it was leaking and poured all old DARK green oil out and put fresh 75w90 in (and well I probably put too much gear oil back in but I can't see that being a problem really as no compression occurs in this chamber). Then brand new Auger (that I sprayed with rubber vehicle undercoating on to help protect the metal impeller fins), 3 new bearings, 2 new belts, (cleaned carb and rejetted for higher elevation 2 weeks ago) cleaned everything you can see inside and out then painted and put back together.

Last edited by Toats MaGoats; 04-25-2019 at 11:20 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks orangputeh thanked for this post
Likes ST1100A, orangputeh, Grunt liked this post
post #9 of 26 Old 04-25-2019, 01:31 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 88
Likes (Received): 38
Those old HS55's were built pretty solid and the one shown looks pretty good. Those old Honda's were built to last. The "GX" series engines were excellent engines that lasted a very long time with normal maintenance.
The HS55 used the 5.5HP engine and they did the work they were called for.
Honda used to "Under-rate" their power equipment products back then, especially their generators. Their generators would produce full rated power for continuous amounts of time without having to be cut back on power output. At that time their number ratings were for continuous output, not "Max" output like all generators built today, so their numbers weren't as high listed on them and everybody was buying other generators based on the higher numbers, not knowing that was a "Max" rating and they could not be run that long at full output, unlike the Honda, which could be run full output 24/7.
Their snowblower out performed and out lasted just about anything out there of equivalent size to the Honda's.
Back then Honda was not a big seller because you could only buy them at an authorized Honda dealer and their prices were higher than other brands. So they were not as popular, but when people saw them perform, they had to go out and buy one, especially when they saw how they worked and outlasted just about anything out there at the time, and their easy starting and reliability, it was hard to break them, they just didn't wear out as quickly or break down as fast as everyone else's.
They were rugged little machines.

Last edited by ST1100A; 04-25-2019 at 01:34 AM.
post #10 of 26 Old 04-25-2019, 09:33 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 599
Thanks (Received): 131
Likes (Given): 813
Likes (Received): 852
Garage
very nice.

just be sure not to try to force the machine when jammed up . they don't make the parts for the right side tranny anymore. I had a beautiful HS50 which i believe the spindle got stripped in the right side gearbox ( final drive ) and so could not drive the gear and the tracks.

fortunately i was able to buy another 50 for parts and just transferred the bucket, engine and handle bars over to the chassis. sure was a lot of work , especially the bars , but was worth it in the end.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page