Buy and older HS622 for $1100, or splurge for a new one? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-03-2019, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Buy and older HS622 for $1100, or splurge for a new one?

I am looking for a small 2 stage snow blower, and came across the older Honda HS6220 model with the tracks. I absolutely love it, but the only used one I can find is $1100, which seems high.

My other option is to buy a new Honda 24" 2 stage. I see they offer a tracked and wheeled version. I was hoping I could get some feedback on the HS622 , vs a brand new HSS724AT.

Any advice would be welcomed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-03-2019, 06:09 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 43
Thanks (Received): 75
Likes (Given): 304
Likes (Received): 154
I'm sure the Honda folks will chime in soon. Perhaps they are too busy fixing their Honda mowers. One thing I've noticed about the Honda threads concerning older models is parts availability can become an issue.

2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
post #3 of 5 Old 09-03-2019, 10:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 636
Thanks (Received): 160
Likes (Given): 940
Likes (Received): 1018
Garage
$1100 for a used 622 is kinda high. I got one for 300 and another for 500. Parts are available for this model , however it may be around 15-20 years old. The axle seals have a tendency of leaking after about 10 years so I would check that. There are no belts on the 622 . The 622 is a rare animal around here and I live in Honda country. It wasn't a good selling model for Honda , I believe.

If you are looking for that size Honda used , consider the HS724. All parts are still available. Good sturdy machine with good resale value. They can be had from anywhere $500-1200 depending on condition. If you are mechanical and know what to look for I would buy a good low use Honda.

The new HSS724 with tracks. is nice . you'll get a 3 year warranty and years of reliable service.

depends also on your budget.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Zavie liked this post
post #4 of 5 Old 09-04-2019, 12:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 54
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 148
HS622 for $1100????? walk and keep looking or just buy newer.

imho

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 Old 09-05-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnycom View Post
HS622 for $1100????? walk and keep looking or just buy newer.

imho

Yes - my thoughts exactly.

Looks like I'm buying a new one. Do you think the tracked HSS724 is better than the wheeled version? I don't have a inclined driveway, but I do live in Minnesota.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in