Bought an HS1132 - Carburetor and Maintenance - Page 4 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 42 Old 09-11-2019, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangputeh View Post
after a couple sessions in cleaner it is running perfect. I did have to readjust the choke. with the air shroud off I noticed that the choke wasn't opening up all the way from choke position to fast throttle. it ended up being the choke arm needed to be pulled up a little to the horizontal position as it should be and I adjusted it according to shop manual directions. that shop manual will save you beaucoup time .

to check air leak, correct me if wrong, you spray carb cleaner around where the carb connects to engine and where it connects to shroud. if the engine changes speed you may need a new gasket or that part between carb and shroud. ( dementia is not letting me remember name )

I always keep a large towel and fire extinguisher around when working to cover/douse any fire outbreak. it happened once. or it will happen if not prepared ; some kind of law of the universe.
So no luck with the gas tank vent. I even let it run with the lid off the tank and no change. I’m definitely not getting enough gas and I am getting good flow through the gas line to the carburetor so it has to be a carburetor issue. I’m wondering if I should just buy a new carb or maybe I should buy some new gaskets first. Also, take a look at the two attached photos. First is of the assembly. Want to make sure it’s assembled right (I took off the air shrouds). Second, is there supposed to be a spring from the choke control handle to the bracket for the choke? You can see from the pictures that there is a hole in the choke handle and a second hole in the bracket for the choke. Is something supposed to be there?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	63B7436B-34B8-47C8-BFC8-156BD1E9EA3C_1568230119391.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	156913   Click image for larger version

Name:	57623B40-98B3-4941-B19E-580083BB9572_1568230135657.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	156915  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 09-11-2019, 04:26 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 638
Thanks (Received): 160
Likes (Given): 945
Likes (Received): 1026
Garage
you don't have a choke cable? I guess that's okay. just move that lever with hand.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #33 of 42 Old 09-11-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Real quick, yes I do have a choke cable, I just removed it since I was in the middle of taking the carburetor off.

The problem was the pilot jet. I did a random google search and discovered another post on another site where a guy was having problems with his 1132 surging. Someone came back with a diagram of the pilot jet which showed a small hole right at the base of it.

I took mine apart right after I saw the diagram and could not see a hole in my pilot jet. I poked the bottom with one wire from a brass wire brush and the tiniest speck of debris came right out. Put it back together and now I’m running full closed choke at idle and full throttle and it’s running beautifully!

I have to thank you all for the responses and I do apologize if someone here told me about the small hole in the pilot jet. I’ve been reading through a lot of posts so I may have missed that if someone posted it. I’ve attached the diagram so if anyone has this issue in the future, they can read through this and find the solution to the problem.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A422D599-FBD6-4922-B116-33392246B36D_1568236306973.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	156923  
post #34 of 42 Old 09-11-2019, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
https://youtu.be/CV4arebAdkQ

Here’s a video of it running now with a fully opened choke at low and high idle.

Next things to do is remove the augers and repaint the impeller housing and the inside of the chute. I’ve already removed the pins connecting the augers to the auger gear box shaft and made sure they spin freely and aren’t frozen onto the shaft. I know removing the augers is a very simple process. Is removing the impeller simple as well? It would make paintings much easier if it was removed

Last edited by darco813; 09-11-2019 at 05:26 PM.
post #35 of 42 Old 09-11-2019, 05:59 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by darco813 View Post
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Real quick, yes I do have a choke cable, I just removed it since I was in the middle of taking the carburetor off.

The problem was the pilot jet. I did a random google search and discovered another post on another site where a guy was having problems with his 1132 surging. Someone came back with a diagram of the pilot jet which showed a small hole right at the base of it.

I took mine apart right after I saw the diagram and could not see a hole in my pilot jet. I poked the bottom with one wire from a brass wire brush and the tiniest speck of debris came right out. Put it back together and now Iím running full closed choke at idle and full throttle and itís running beautifully!

I have to thank you all for the responses and I do apologize if someone here told me about the small hole in the pilot jet. Iíve been reading through a lot of posts so I may have missed that if someone posted it. Iíve attached the diagram so if anyone has this issue in the future, they can read through this and find the solution to the problem.
thank goodness. yes i mentioned this.

you're lucky your carb does not look like this. owner is on a budget........good luck with that lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190911_143838_resized.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	156925  

post #36 of 42 Old 09-11-2019, 06:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
easy to take augers and impeller out as long as impeller is not stuck on pulley shaft. you have to remove impeller shear bolt then all bolts on both sides of bucket and the the 2 bolts that attach the auger tranny to support bracket attached to bucket.

post #37 of 42 Old 09-11-2019, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangputeh View Post
thank goodness. yes i mentioned this.

you're lucky your carb does not look like this. owner is on a budget........good luck with that lol.
I knew someone must have mentioned it. Sorry I missed that! But thank you for all the help it’s truly appreciated. Wow, that is one of the worst carburetors I’ve ever seen. Thing must have been sitting outside with ethanol fuel in the bowl.

And thanks for the tips on the auger and impeller removal. Paint is not as pressing as the engine so now I can take my time with this. I planned on using steel wool to clean up the auger blade shafts and then applying some water resistant grease to them before putting it all back together.
post #38 of 42 Old 09-11-2019, 07:40 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 206
Will that carb get cleaned enough from the ultrasonic to be able to use it, or will you have to replace it ?
post #39 of 42 Old 09-11-2019, 08:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIT333 View Post
Will that carb get cleaned enough from the ultrasonic to be able to use it, or will you have to replace it ?
i'm gonna try for the fun of it. it's a fine rust throughout. not deep and seems like no corrosion.

I have nothing but time and enjoy experimenting.

post #40 of 42 Old 09-12-2019, 01:47 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 54
Likes (Given): 115
Likes (Received): 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by darco813 View Post
PROBLEM SOLVED!

I took mine apart right after I saw the diagram and could not see a hole in my pilot jet. I poked the bottom with one wire from a brass wire brush and the tiniest speck of debris came right out. Put it back together and now Iím running full closed choke at idle and full throttle and itís running beautifully!

I have to thank you all for the responses and I do apologize if someone here told me about the small hole in the pilot jet. Iíve been reading through a lot of posts so I may have missed that if someone posted it. Iíve attached the diagram so if anyone has this issue in the future, they can read through this and find the solution to the problem.
Good to know you found the problem. That is very common on those carbs with the slow jet clogging.
Be careful when you run a wire up thru it, it is plastic and you can ream out the pin hole easy if you are not careful.
You got to work on a Honda engine, those are the easiest carbs to repair out of all the different manufacturers, so you got good experience with it now.
Welcome to the Honda club, keep it maintained and you will enjoy it for years to come with the reliability and ease of repairs on them.
They don't break down as often as other company's machines. They are easier to operate and very reliable machines when taken care of, and they can handle the tough jobs.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks darco813 thanked for this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page