Snowblower Forum banner

Good deal??

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JnC 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Honda Gurus. Thinking of retiring my 28 yr old Ariens. I have an opportunity to buy a HS928 (HS926K1WAS...serial is 5009479). Has electric start. The guys says is 2013. He is original owner and has all service records. I think I can get it for $1000. Thoughts?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I am not a price expert, but I think is a decent deal, especially with the service done regularly and it is in good shape. Look at you tube for Donyboy's video article about buying a used snowblower. This is the older Honda and all the bugs have been worked out. It does not have trigger steering and takes a bit more muscle to use, but if you are up to it, then it is a good machine. There are some experts here who might have a better idea about price. I have the newer model, the HSS928, but have read good things about the older model. In some ways, the hand crank chute is better-there is no motor to break down. The older engine is tuned richer due to its age and you do not need to change to a bigger jet as many have done with the newer engine.

Reactions: mixpat
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.