Husqvarna ST227P Impeller Pulley Removal? - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 37 Old 02-03-2018, 06:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 101
Likes (Received): 243
They can't get the pulley off so can't remove from the bucket, Hoping my brother doesn't have any issues with his 224, Might have to pull his abart just to never seize the crap out of it before it's a issue.

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 Old 03-11-2018, 07:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Amazing that there is a forum out there that features the exact obscure problem that i have in detail. removing the impeller! And since the posts were helpful in leading to my solution. I decided to give back and post my solution as to how to get the shaft to sit still, while your trying to get the pulley unscrewed!
After you have separated the front half of the blower from the back half (the motor part of it)and exposed the flywheel... lay the flywheel part flat and put the PB Blaster to it and let it soak in overnight. you have also already removed the shoot from the housing. now you can insert a large pipe wrench down thru the shoot and get the teeth around the shaft right about where that little pin is thru the shaft. the shaft will want to rotate counterclockwise so set the wrench so the teeth will grab when the shaft tries to spin. now heat up the nut on the flywheel with a torch for extra help. get a good sturdy crescent on the flywheel nut and turn it counterclockwise. check that the pipe wrench is locking on the shaft and the shoot will hold that pipe wrench in place for you so you can really pull on the crescent. a few tugs and mine broke free with out busting my knuckles on anything! Amazing. new impeller on order and ill have it back together soon. I tried to hammer my bent impeller flat, and ended up hurting myself so i just ordered a new part.
I took pictures to try to help show how I set the pipe wrench but i cant figure out how to upload pictures here. feel free to email me and ill sent pics to you. [email protected]

Many Thanks to all who have posted!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA19C7A8-D9A8-45D9-93DA-7C9C53564A5D_1521894534262.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	139786   Click image for larger version

Name:	4E9997B6-2E4A-4750-A147-1E5DB9ABC804_1521894582877.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	139794  

Last edited by goddahooch; 03-24-2018 at 08:30 AM.
post #13 of 37 Old 03-15-2018, 02:47 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by goddahooch View Post
A....

I took pictures to try to help show how I set the pipe wrench but i cant figure out how to upload pictures here. feel free to email me and ill sent pics to you

To add pics to your post, click the "advanced" tab under the "quick reply" window. You can do this after you've typed your reply, and your added text will migrate with you to the "advanced" page. On that page, there's section down the page with a "manage attachments" button. That takes you to the page for moving your pictures into the post. Instructions there will let you grab your picture files from your computer, and upload them to your post. Preview your post to confirm it's what you want to share. Then "post replay" will put it up for others here.

Husqy ST227P for 2015 snow season.

I love my snowblower. Every beat of it's little heart is one mine won't have to take.
post #14 of 37 Old 03-19-2018, 09:47 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 0
I got it!!!!!! I've also been struggling. Set front half of blower face down love a metal base ball bat down throw shoot and use a 7/8 4 point tire iron!
post #15 of 37 Old 03-19-2018, 11:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 132
Likes (Given): 197
Likes (Received): 283
I find it interesting that in the last 13 months 6 people in this thread have bent the impellers on their Husqvarna's.
post #16 of 37 Old 03-19-2018, 11:57 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 81
Likes (Given): 59
Likes (Received): 175
Garage
iam not after looking at one person
post #17 of 37 Old 03-20-2018, 05:04 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbert View Post
I find it interesting that in the last 13 months 6 people in this thread have bent the impellers on their Husqvarna's.
make that 8,i have 2 husky's in for repair that have bent up impellers and augers , both have worn out the plastic skids in very low single digit hours that allowed the housing to drag pull off the sheaves, wind them up around both auger and impeller that seem to lock in place to what people are talking about here. what a mess

asking the local ope selling dealer, OH we see it all the time,
post #18 of 37 Old 03-20-2018, 11:54 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 43
Thanks (Received): 75
Likes (Given): 304
Likes (Received): 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by old ope mechanic View Post
make that 8,i have 2 husky's in for repair that have bent up impellers and augers , both have worn out the plastic skids in very low single digit hours that allowed the housing to drag pull off the sheaves, wind them up around both auger and impeller that seem to lock in place to what people are talking about here. what a mess

asking the local ope selling dealer, OH we see it all the time,
Worn out plastic skids on a husky? After 3 seasons my OEM skids still look brand new! Of course it could be the fact that they never got used. Just for fun I made my own skids, and they are still in excellent condition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SD532140.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	138962  

2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
post #19 of 37 Old 03-20-2018, 01:56 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 48
yes worn out plastic skids , made my own that look more like 1/4 inch thick snow skis that should need the problem,
dealer wise this one nicknamed rip off don, sells then finds anything he can to not repair under warranty.
post #20 of 37 Old 11-26-2018, 07:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 0
How do I get the auger shaft out after removing pulley. Trying to replace bent impeller. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page