LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-17-2017, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Chute rotation issue

Had the pleasure of having to replace one of the control cables for the chute rotation on my 10530SBEB ( 96193001300 ) blower. During install of the cable I used dead center as my guide. I had both the control lever and chute set at straight forward. Since the cable replacement the chute only rotates about 30 degrees in the left direction ( which is the same side the new cable installed ). The right side still rotates the full 90 degrees from full forward as it should. I see no option for adjustment at either end of the cable.

Has anyone run into this issue ? Could the length of the new cable be off from the original and cause this ? Have I installed the cable wrong at the rotating end ? I have been unable to find any reference to how the cables are installed on the plastic "puck" at he chute end .

Any help would be awesome .

Frustrated up North .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-19-2017, 05:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 47
FWIW, I ended up adjusting the chute cables some to get full rotation with handle at either extreme. Consider that the cables can only "pull" the chute around to your desired position. Shorten the cable that doesn't pull your chute far enough around, until it does. I have no specific knowledge of the cables on your model. On the one I have, there's a locknut hold the two sections of the adjuster, with the adjuster located middle of the cable length. I loosened the nut, and unscrewed the two ends from each other until the adjuster was long enough to get rid of almost all the slack. Then tighten the locknut. Note that these are all plastic parts souse appropriate effort on moving things and the locknut.

New Husqy ST227P for 2014-15 snow season.

I love my snowblower. Every beat of it's little heart is one mine won't have to take.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-20-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Thanks for the reply . Unfortunately this model has no option for adjustment. Also when installed the cables are very tight. I've since noticed that the only replacement option is to replace the complete assembly including both cables , control lever , and rotating end . This leaves me to believe that the cable I was sold by the local dealer is not correct . My only option my be to cut the offending cable a little shorter and replace the end fitting .

Cheers
post #4 of 6 Old 12-20-2017, 11:26 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 45
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 349
Likes (Received): 161
Outer cable jacket is 60" long tip to tip. Inner cable is 73" long tip to tip. Both cables are the same length.

2016 Ariens Professional 28
2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
post #5 of 6 Old 12-20-2017, 11:28 AM

Post Thanks / Like
If the outer cable is still intact a good bicycle shop should be able to make up the exact length you need.

post #6 of 6 Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Pretty sure these part numbers would work on your machine. All the older Huskys use the same chute controls as mine, which are still being used on the 300 series machines today.

Cable with adjuster is: 532 42 82-73
Cable no adjuster is: 532 42 83-10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page