Husqvarna ST227P Snow Blower Metal Fuel Valve Leaking When Opening Fuel - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-05-2018, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Exclamation Husqvarna ST227P Snow Blower Metal Fuel Valve Leaking When Opening Fuel

For close to a $1000 bucks and 3 years into this machine, I will never buy another Husqvarna anything again. 3rd issue. First LEDs not working, plastic fuel cap undoing itself while running the machine and now a fuel leak. Insane.

Fueled up my machine today for snow season, turn the fuel valve ON (valve itself is metal) and I start seeing fuel pouring out. Took off the shield and it seems to be coming from the valve and or the hole its seats into on the tank. Hard to tell.

Are these units prone to this issue? I was thinking of filling the tank with water and turning the valve to see if I can pinpoint the issue rather then gasoline. Tank is currently off the blower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-05-2018, 07:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 101
Likes (Received): 242
this isn't a Husqvarna issue, The engine is a LCT made engine and Ariens also has the same brand. Actually good engines but a few shortcomings and that switch seems to be one of them. There are videos on youtube to repair them or you can just get the replacement. Just gave a new life to a engine from a ST227P on a different blower and has the same shutoff valve.

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-05-2018, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
So I think my leak was coming from the base of the shut off valve that connects to the fuel tank. Looks like some I assume gasket glue seals it. I tightened the valve and it seems to have stopped the leak.

Immediately I pull the unit out to do some snow blowing and it doesn't go into gear. I take a look under the shifter level and it's all plastic and the connection that connects to the plastic rod completely broke off I mean I just can't believe that what a piece of **** this thing really is a plastic connector at such a critical point that takes so much force.

In the second photo you can see the flimsy plastic that has torn off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2169_1515202594172.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	123546   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2172_1515202611911.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	123554  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page