LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-17-2018, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
St8-26

Was out yesterday trying to remove the 12inches of snow that someone felt we needed. Just got this old ST8-26 a few weeks ago, and this was the first chance to test it.
Well, I presume it leaked oil somewhere, because after a short while, I blew the engine.

So, yeah, I haven't quite figured out what happend, but I guess it was out of oil and got hot...

Now, I need YOUR help. How old is this thing? Is it possible to get get a new engine?

Regards

Carl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-17-2018, 03:40 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Received): 44
Someone will chime in with answer to the best and cheapest option for you, with the Harbor Freight 212 Predator probably being at the top of the list.

Too late now but did you check the oil level before you ran the machine?
post #3 of 6 Old 01-17-2018, 03:52 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 56
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 148
was there any oil splattered to the ground when it blew. if no then i guess she had no oil.
buy a cheap used blower w/same type motor or buy a predetor motor, lots of info on this forum on what needs to be done on retrofitting a predator motor

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by vinnycom; 01-17-2018 at 04:08 PM.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-17-2018, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 1
It had oil on Saturday, which was the first time i started it. Yesterday was the third time...
Not much oil anywhere really.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-17-2018, 04:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 56
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by cral View Post
It had oil on Saturday, which was the first time i started it. Yesterday was the third time...
Not much oil anywhere really.
had to go somewhere, i would think. if u had bad rings it wouldve of burnt off, u would have seen lots of smoke coming out of exhaust

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

post #6 of 6 Old 01-17-2018, 04:53 PM

Location: nova scotia-south shore - ave annual snowfall 199.4 cm ( 78.5 ")
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 157
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 592
Garage
do you have a princess auto/harbor freight equivalent type store in your neck of the woods ? a repower is quite easy with just a bit of homework, and the chondas have proven to be a reliable and economical choice.

24 " 1967? Ariens Sno thro
28 " Ariens Sno Tek
Toro CCR ss
1966 Gravely LI Walk behind with dog eater

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page