ST-224 3 years old low idle and surging - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 01-14-2019, 10:34 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Just an FYI more than anything. I have an ST 224, 2015 model, and it was surging. I thought I just needed to adjust the carb but you can hardly see the carb much less than adjust it. So I started disassembly and got to the carb, found there were no adjustments to be had, only the idle. I removed the carb, disassembled it, used carb cleaner, blew it all out. There are youtube videos that show this. Put it all back together and it runs great now. For some reason, on this particular carburetor they decided to put fixed jets so there are no adjustments. If you have a rough running or surging engine, looks like the only way to fix it is clean the carb. They do suggest after each use, close the fuel valve and run it till it stops. After the season for storage do the same then empty the carburetor bowl of fuel. I hope this helps someone maybe save some time and frustration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 01-14-2019, 10:43 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 55
Likes (Received): 172
The reason for fix jets is the EPA and law, but even on carbs with adjustable jets, the only way to *correctly* fix surging is still to clean the carb . . .
post #13 of 13 Old 02-03-2019, 05:40 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
After get the carb cleaned / running issue resolved I suggest adding seafoam to your fuel can and use premium fuel, anything older than 30 days old pour into your card tank......never any trouble from my mowers or blowers doing this (or cars). Good Luck

NWI Busted Knuckle (Garage)
Installing ArmorSkids has been the best mod made to any of my machines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page