post #1 of 6 Old 12-03-2018, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
ST224 oil drain port

Hi,
I have a Husqvarna ST224 snowblower. I would like to know if anyone knows the drain oil port size? I would like to add a drainer hose on it because I am having a hard time holding the wrench so close to the motor. This will give me a bit of a leeway.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-03-2018, 10:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnStrauch33 View Post
Hi,
I have a Husqvarna ST224 snowblower. I would like to know if anyone knows the drain oil port size? I would like to add a drainer hose on it because I am having a hard time holding the wrench so close to the motor. This will give me a bit of a leeway.

Thank you.
I think it's 10mm X 1.25. I wouldn't swear to it, though.

There's a slightly flattened section of the drain pipe nearer to the cap that you should be able to get a wrench on and hold to get the cap off, by the way. At least on mine there is.

Richard
post #3 of 6 Old 12-03-2018, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Thanks. I was able to get the cap off, but it took me a half hour, as I just can’t hold it very tight like a man can. I still want to get the drainzit though. I have one on my riding lawn mower and it is awesome. I called Husqvarna, and they sent me to a parts co, that wanted to sell me the drain piece I already have, but would not tell me what the port or thread size is.

Lynn
post #4 of 6 Old 12-04-2018, 07:47 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnStrauch33 View Post
Thanks. I was able to get the cap off, but it took me a half hour, as I just can’t hold it very tight like a man can. I still want to get the drainzit though. I have one on my riding lawn mower and it is awesome. I called Husqvarna, and they sent me to a parts co, that wanted to sell me the drain piece I already have, but would not tell me what the port or thread size is.

Lynn
I'd just bring the drain pipe to your favorite hardware store and measure it. They all have thread gauges, or you can just gently try fitting different nuts to it.

I'd start with M10 x 1.25 because I think that's what it is. But I could be wrong. It's happened.

Richard

EDIT: I'm talking about the actual oil drain port size on the engine. Most imported engines, in my experience, use either M10 x 1.25 or M12 x 1.5. If you want to know the thread size on the cap end of the drain pipe, that could be different because it's a Husqvarna part, not an LCT part.

Either way, measuring it is the sure-fire way to know before you possibly lay out money on the wrong part. You may also find a less-expensive solution at a hardware store, such as a petcock and a foot of plastic tubing.

Last edited by GeekOnTheHill; 12-04-2018 at 08:00 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
It would be very helpful if you gave the numbers off the engine itself to ID it so someone might look it up for you.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-04-2018, 02:43 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss4aFrog View Post
It would be very helpful if you gave the numbers off the engine itself to ID it so someone might look it up for you.

I think all the ST224s use the LCT 208 engine. A not-very-exhaustive search didn't reveal the size of the port; but I have that model and it looks like the port is 10mm. If I hadn't just changed the oil, I'd just pull it again and check.

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in