Tire Chains - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 Old 01-23-2019, 07:02 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 33
I use chains because I grew up using chains on all my father’s and grandfather’s equipment. It makes a difference because not every storm will be light fluffy snow and easy to handle. I prefer preparing to a reasonable level for the worst of situations.

If you have turf tires, then 4 link chains will give you a bumpy ride and 2 link chains will be a bit smother.

If you have snow hog or x track tires then 4 link is acceptable but you must make sure the chain is large enough to protrude past the lug design of either tire. 2 link again is smoother but more expensive.

Also consider using tire chain tensioners or adjusters so you can use a lower tire psi and keep the chains in place under heavy use.

There are other options including v-bar but those will cause more damage on the long run.

https://www.tirechain.com/16x6.50x8.htm

Ariens ST1032 924084 (ST1232)
MODS: Tecumseh OHSK120 12hp, 3" Pulley, 6 Blade Impeller Kit, Hand Warmers w/ on-off switch, 1700 Lumen LED bulb,Front Weight Bar 18.5lbs, Chute Clean Out Tool, Tire Chains, Drift Cutters, Armorskids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in