Dissapointed with my new ST327T... - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 02-15-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.fisher26 View Post
When it digs in, do the wheels stop or just keep turning? I suspect the dealer did a crap job at assembly and adjustment. 3/8 seems like a big gap unless on gravel. Poly skids?

Noma 10/29
Cub cadet 5/26 conv to 8/26
Toro 8/24
Husqvarna st230p
The tracks just keep spinning without the machine moving. The dealer just admitted it was a "demo" they had for 2 1/2 years so who knows if it's been assembled correctly. The skid are the original ones which come with the machine. As for the 3/8" gap, it's me who adjusted it that way to prevent just that…digging into the ground. Maybe I should've put 3 inches!
Thanks,
Claude.

2014 HUSQVARNA ST327T
2004 MURRAY BRUTE 10HP 29"
1975 LAWN BOY 8HP 26"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 02-15-2019, 05:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 47
Dissapointed with my new ST327T...

Just seems odd, only reasons for it to do that is the scraper, or packed snow/ice holding it back. Or giant magnets underground... skids poly or metal?

Noma 10/29
Toro 8/24
Husqvarna st230p
post #13 of 19 Old 02-15-2019, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.fisher26 View Post
... skids poly or metal?

Noma 10/29
Toro 8/24
Husqvarna st230p
Skids are factory metal ones… I must admit that before the snowfall, we received some rain which turned to ice once frozen underneath the snow and I guess any snowblower (tracks or wheels) would've spun…

Claude.

P.S: It "pisses" me off a little but I'm saying to myself that the worst that can happen is that I'll sell it and be done...

2014 HUSQVARNA ST327T
1975 LAWN BOY 8HP 26"
post #14 of 19 Old 02-15-2019, 06:51 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 47
There’s always a reason for everything. Apply alittle down force on the handles, ice can suck with any machine

Noma 10/29
Toro 8/24
Husqvarna st230p
post #15 of 19 Old 02-15-2019, 06:57 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 118
Thanks (Received): 277
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 632
Does it have a control that lets you raise or lower the front of the bucket? I know some tracked machines have that, where they can put a lot of weight on the bucket, and raise the front of the tracks slightly. I suppose that could contribute to what you're seeing, though you do have the scraper bar raised a fair amount.

Like you said, though, ice underneath the snow may be causing some of your problem. Even good tires, or presumably tracks, can only produce so much traction on smooth ice. That's where tires with chains probably do better, at least, since they can bite into the ice. But even tires with chains are probably a lot worse than tracks on more normal, non-icy conditions.

I'd see how it does when the ice is gone, if it was me. Would your dealer be willing to take it back? Maybe if you agreed to buy a different machine from them? I fear you would lose a lot if you went to sell a brand-new machine.

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
post #16 of 19 Old 02-15-2019, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
Does it have a control that lets you raise or lower the front of the bucket? I know some tracked machines have that, where they can put a lot of weight on the bucket, and raise the front of the tracks slightly. I suppose that could contribute to what you're seeing, though you do have the scraper bar raised a fair amount.

Like you said, though, ice underneath the snow may be causing some of your problem. Even good tires, or presumably tracks, can only produce so much traction on smooth ice. That's where tires with chains probably do better, at least, since they can bite into the ice. But even tires with chains are probably a lot worse than tracks on more normal, non-icy conditions.

I'd see how it does when the ice is gone, if it was me. Would your dealer be willing to take it back? Maybe if you agreed to buy a different machine from them? I fear you would lose a lot if you went to sell a brand-new machine.
Yes it does have a mechanism to raise/lower the front of the bucket… and it's very likely that I have it set to aggressive which created too much resistance for the very slippery icy surface on which the tracks didn't have any traction. Next time, I'm going to try raising the front end a little and see how it goes. Heck…it was so slippery that when I pulled the crank to start it, I fell on my butt!
I agree with you that I should be more patient and get used to it more… About the dealer, he finally replied to the message I sent him two days ago saying that they were sorry that I was disappointed and that if they had another customer looking for such a machine they'd refer him to me, but they didn't offer anything else and frankly, I don't really need anything else right now. I'm not looking to buy another machine 'cause I still have my 10 hp 29" Brute which works great and that I intend to keep and fully restore. I was thinking to re-sell it but I said that because I was a little upset but now that I've calmed down, I realize that I should give myself a chance and try to know how all the features work before calling it quits...
Thanks for your reply and your advice,
Claude.

2014 HUSQVARNA ST327T
1975 LAWN BOY 8HP 26"

Last edited by toofastforyou; 02-15-2019 at 10:17 PM.
post #17 of 19 Old 02-16-2019, 12:43 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 49
Yep, that ice caused by freezing rain can be nasty stuff for any machine and... our derriere's! Need to find a more suitable surface to check the machine out. Does the freewheel transport mechanism operate properly? When you put it in transport mode with the height adjustment, is it actually in transport mode? I could see it digging in if the height adjustment was stuck on the "packed snow" position. It'd be even worse on ice. Disappointing that the dealer doesn't seem to want to assist you but, unfortunately, not surprised by that. Nevertheless, if there is in fact something wrong with the drive system (transmission), I would expect that the OE warranty would be fully in force and as such, I'd be thinking seriously about taking the machine back to the dealer and having them attempt to demonstrate its operating characteristics.

Wounded 30-inch Mastercraft (MTD) circa 96
17 ST330P Husky

Last edited by SnowH8ter; 02-16-2019 at 12:48 AM.
post #18 of 19 Old 02-16-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowH8ter View Post
Yep, that ice caused by freezing rain can be nasty stuff for any machine and... our derriere's! Need to find a more suitable surface to check the machine out. Does the freewheel transport mechanism operate properly? When you put it in transport mode with the height adjustment, is it actually in transport mode? I could see it digging in if the height adjustment was stuck on the "packed snow" position. It'd be even worse on ice. Disappointing that the dealer doesn't seem to want to assist you but, unfortunately, not surprised by that. Nevertheless, if there is in fact something wrong with the drive system (transmission), I would expect that the OE warranty would be fully in force and as such, I'd be thinking seriously about taking the machine back to the dealer and having them attempt to demonstrate its operating characteristics.
I've not tried the "transport" mode yet and I'm not sure how to make that work. I've read the instructions manual and it's not very clear but I'll re-read it again, maybe I missed something.
About the dealer, they didn't offer me anything likely because they were so glad that I bought a machine they had for 2/12 years and didn't want to see it again, much less take it as a trade in towards another model. If I ever have to go to a dealer, I'll go somewhere else. I don't really care about the warranty (if there is any left). They told me that the warranty is effective from the day of manufacture, NOT from the day it was put in service, so my machine being a 2014 model is probably already out of any warranty, so to **** with them.
I guess this whole story is one of those bad experiences in life every now and then. I've learned my lesson and it's time for me to take the loss and move on. Spring is coming so I'll shove it in the back of my shed and forget about it for a few months and I'll decide next fall what I'm going to do with it.

Claude

2014 HUSQVARNA ST327T
1975 LAWN BOY 8HP 26"
post #19 of 19 Old 02-16-2019, 10:26 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 43
Thanks (Received): 76
Likes (Given): 307
Likes (Received): 156
"Freewheel" position lever is on the left side of the back panel of your machine. Look at page 10, figure 11 in your owners manual. Husqvarna warranty is from retail date of purchase, so I suggest you register your machine with Husqvarna.ca and find another dealer who is more capable to assist you.

2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page