Dissapointed with my new ST327T... - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 02-13-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 10
Unhappy VERY dissapointed with my new ST327T...

I used my new Husqvarna today just after this season's biggest snowfall. And now, I have mixed feelings about it… It takes quite a man to operate that machine!! It's much too heavy and definitely not easy to maneuver. I wasn't expecting that when I bought it... I was having problems to make it turn (probably because it was my first time using it…) and I had to litterally "struggle" with it when making a 180° turn. Also the controls (especially the chute orientation from left to right) are hard to use. The handle for it is very hard to move and I don't know if it's supposed to be like that… One other thing I haven't completely learned about is the "pedal" at the bottom rear to lift or lower the snowblower. There are "notches" into which there are pins which seem to change the stance of the machine but I haven't figured out how to use that correctly.
Last in the complaints department are the controls to make it turn…I have the feeling that sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, but again, maybe it's me.
Now on the positive side, it throws snow very high or far depending on the chute's settings. I just hope that I'll like it more next time but for now, I'm a little disappointed and aching everywhere (back, arms, hands, etc…) in my body from having wrestled with it for more than 2 hours. After the job was done, I went back into the house and told my girlfriend that I'm not sure anymore if I took the right decision to buy that machine. My '04 Brute is much easier to operate and maneuver for a fraction of the cost of my new Husqvarna...
Well that's it for now. Feel free to give me some advice if you have any about operating a snowblower with tracks!

Claude.
P.S: -->one last detail: I'm a bit upset that the dealer never admitted that it was a 2014… She kept saying "I'm not sure, maybe 2016~2017…Yeah sure... I found out the truth thanks to "SnowH8ter"'s link in post #10 of the "Just bought a BRAND NEW ST327T!" thread.

2014 HUSQVARNA ST327T
2004 MURRAY BRUTE 10HP 29"
1975 LAWN BOY 8HP 26"

Last edited by toofastforyou; 02-15-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 02-13-2019, 08:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 50
I don’t have a track model but all my controls are nice and smooth to operate, the speed control lever is alittle tough to move cuz the spring is robust

Noma 10/29
Cub cadet 5/26 conv to 8/26
Toro 8/24
Husqvarna st230p
post #3 of 20 Old 02-13-2019, 08:34 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 527
I think you should take it out tomorrow when you are not stressed out about clearing your driveway and give it an other go and learn the nuances of a new machine. My son in law bought a Troybuilt and the auger and transmission levers on it are opposite to my Yamaha and I found it very awkward and hard to handle the first time I took it out for them. I got home later soar everywhere. The next time not so much and now I know what to expect and it's getting easier, it's still a powerful and bigger machine than my 624 Yamaha and sometimes it seems it wants to pull out my shoulders out of the socket but I try to just let do its thing and hold on to dear life. I love my Yamaha...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Dag Johnsen, aldfam4 liked this post
post #4 of 20 Old 02-13-2019, 08:36 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 196
Likes (Received): 81
Garage
full stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofastforyou View Post
I used my new Husqvarna today just after this season's biggest snowfall. And now, I have mixed feelings about it… It takes quite a man to operate that machine!! It's much too heavy and definitely not easy to maneuver. I wasn't expecting that when I bought it... I was having problems to make it turn (probably because it was my first time using it…) and I had to litterally "struggle" with it when making a 180° turn. Also the controls (especially the chute orientation from left to right) are hard to use. The handle for it is very hard to move and I don't know if it's supposed to be like that… One other thing I haven't completely learned about is the "pedal" at the bottom rear to lift or lower the snowblower. There are "notches" into which there are pins which seem to change the stance of the machine but I haven't figured out how to use that correctly.
Last in the complaints department are the controls to make it turn…I have the feeling that sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, but again, maybe it's me.
Now on the positive side, it throws snow very high or far depending on the chute's settings. I just hope that I'll like it more next time but for now, I'm a little disappointed and aching everywhere (back, arms, hands, etc…) in my body from having wrestled with it for more than 2 hours. After the job was done, I went back into the house and told my girlfriend that I'm not sure anymore if I took the right decision to buy that machine. My '04 Brute is much easier to operate and maneuver for a fraction of the cost of my new Husqvarna...
Well that's it for now. Feel free to give me some advice if you have any about operating a snowblower with tracks!

Claude.
P.S: -->one last detail: I'm a bit upset that the dealer never admitted that it was a 2014… She kept saying "I'm not sure, maybe 2016~2017…Yeah sure... I found out the truth thanks to "SnowH8ter"'s link in post #10 of the "Just bought a BRAND NEW ST327T!" thread.

You might have to stand still for the trigger-turn function to work.
Just my experience with my machine.

2011 Simplicity P1728EX Signature Pro 342cc 11hp (at my house)
2014 Yamaha YT1070 (YT1028) 296cc 9.5 hp (at the cabin)
post #5 of 20 Old 02-13-2019, 08:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I also found that the main controls are reversed and took a couple times to get used to it

Noma 10/29
Toro 8/24
Husqvarna st230p
post #6 of 20 Old 02-14-2019, 02:36 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
I think you should take it out tomorrow when you are not stressed out about clearing your driveway and give it an other go and learn the nuances of a new machine.

I'm having a good chuckle on your behalf, Claude, because your sour sentiments re your new snow blower were very much in keeping with my feelings the first time out with my Husky. Controls were different (backward), it was much heavier and I fought with it for almost two hrs. Man-o-man, did I ache! Worse! I even I ran over myself in reverse. No injury and machine was fine but it was all rather humiliating. You need to completely digest the contents of the operator's manual. Check all the cables for proper adjustment - I had to tweak many on mine. And practice, practice, practice. Old dogs really can learn new tricks! Provided the machine is working properly, it'll eventually become intuitive. I've seen these tracked Husqvarnas turn on a dime and I'm sure yours will too once you get the hang of it. And get some white lithium spray and douse the controls that are sticky. There's likely no lube from the manufacturer on any of the control mechanisms under the panel. I didn't like the chute control either to begin with. Now, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Wounded 30-inch Mastercraft (MTD) circa 96
17 ST330P Husky

Last edited by SnowH8ter; 02-14-2019 at 02:39 AM.
post #7 of 20 Old 02-15-2019, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I took my snowblower out for the second time today. Is it normal that it "digs" into the ground causing the tracks to spin freely and the machine not to move? I used it for about an hour and feel like I've ran the Boston marathon. The more I use it, the more I hate it and deeply regret having bought it. I'll probably put it up for sale and I don't know how much $$$ this will have cost me. I messaged the dealer two days ago and (not surprisingly) they did not reply back, probably because they know I'm not happy with my purchase. On the other hand, they must be happy to have sold a machine they had in stock for 5 years...

Claude.

2014 HUSQVARNA ST327T
1975 LAWN BOY 8HP 26"
post #8 of 20 Old 02-15-2019, 04:21 PM

Location: North Dallas area and UP of MI, average snowfall 202"
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 56
Likes (Received): 173
Scraper blade is too low - likely a simple adjustment . . .
post #9 of 20 Old 02-15-2019, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadawson View Post
Scraper blade is too low - likely a simple adjustment . . .
I thought of that but I adjusted myself at 3/8" off the ground. It should be more than enough 'cause they recommend about 1/8"…

Thanks for your reply,

Claude.

2014 HUSQVARNA ST327T
1975 LAWN BOY 8HP 26"
post #10 of 20 Old 02-15-2019, 04:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
When it digs in, do the wheels stop or just keep turning? I suspect the dealer did a crap job at assembly and adjustment. 3/8 seems like a big gap unless on gravel. Poly skids?

Noma 10/29
Toro 8/24
Husqvarna st230p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page