LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-06-2015, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
impeller shaft removal?

I have a Husky 10527 and I need help on removing the impeller shaft.
Pulley is off, and auger has been removed from sides.

From what I can see looking from the rear of the intake housing is the shaft slides through the bearing? Is there anything else keeping it in place?

I tried lightly hitting the shaft but no movement. So can I just replace the screw to protect the threads and hammer till it breaks free?

THANKS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-06-2015, 06:42 PM
Sid

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 35
If your sure that there is no set screws or other fastener holding the bearing to the shaft, you will have to remove the impeller from the shaft first, and for sure there is one or two set screws on the impeller into or against the shaft. I am not familliar with the husky, maybe the machine splits in two parts, making it easier to work.At any rate you will need some PB blaster on both the impeller hub and the inner race on the impeller bearing to help get apart.
Try googling you'r model #, you may get lucky and find a manual. Others will add some expert information and advice to help you.
Sid
post #3 of 8 Old 04-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 522
Thanks (Received): 690
Likes (Given): 3912
Likes (Received): 1505
Garage
Welcome to the forum Beachrights

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 522
Thanks (Received): 690
Likes (Given): 3912
Likes (Received): 1505
Garage
Have you been able to remove the bearing between the pulley and the impeller. Part #5 in illustration ??

Do you have the impeller/auger assembly free from the auger housing ??

Have you removed the two 1/4 X 20 bolts holding the impeller to the shaft ??

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-07-2015, 09:16 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 507
Thanks (Received): 355
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1242
there is more than likely a set screw holding it in. post some pics so we all here can have a looksee at it. ALOHA FROM the PARADISE CITY.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 8 Old 09-05-2015, 11:35 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
split the machine in half .....make sure you support the back of the machine,where the handles are......i use a 5 ft step ladder to rest it on...3rd hand for starting the bolts and pushing it together ,and then start screws... think this is right ..lol good time.. watch a video on utube...might help you out for the general idea i did it by myself for the belts used 3 inches of wood under the scrapper both sides to line it up more..two .2 by 4 pieces and a piece of trim thats where i needed a third hand to start the bolts..lol

canada machine back in the states.. 926E still has the label on the starter....from the canadian electrical code
post #7 of 8 Old 11-19-2015, 12:15 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
The issue you are having is what I just went through with my machine (1130STE). The bearing gets seized to the shaft. The pulley can also get seized to the shaft as well.
What I had to do is use a modified (cut the tip off) pulley puller to remove the bearing from the shaft. The bearing needed to be replaced and I had to re-tap the bolt that holds the pulley on. When I replaced it I used plenty of anti-seize.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-19-2015, 09:51 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 111
Thanks (Received): 168
Likes (Given): 373
Likes (Received): 705
You Need a Real Oxy/Asc Torch to do this kind of work in a timely fashion. I clean the shaft up good with a wire wheel first, and a ball joint fork works well to pop off those stubborn bearings after heating with a torch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in