Thinking i may own a ST324P soon - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 181 Old 09-20-2015, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 53
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 10
Question Thinking i may own a ST324P soon

I have been looking at blowers alot lately and im sure you have seen some of my other posts. I looked at Toro, Ariens and Husqvarna. I need a 24" machine. After looking for some time I like the hydro idea over a friction disc. I get that the friction disc is cheaper to repair, howerver the hydro should be smoother and longer lasting. I talked with a few people that have Ariens and I think they are a good machine. The deciding factor was auto turn. I have a neighbor whos machine just cant get squared away. We followed the Ariens video twice, no change. Took it to the dealer and they are speaking with Ariens about a new unit. He hit a vehicle with it last year because of this problem. I understand lots enjoy auto turn but it kind of scared me. Looking at the Husqvarna it appears to have the same LCT as the Ariens Deluxe 24. The cast iron gear box has double the warranty of Ariens. The 4 blade cast impeller looks like a beast and has a 10 year warranty. The trigger steering turns whenyou want it to and has been redesigned so the dogs are inside the case. I like the dual belt drive on the Ariens better. The engine has a 5 year warranty vs 3 on Ariens. Did I miss something? I think the Husqvarna looks to be a solid machine. Again so is the Ariens. The Husqvarna costs more than the Deluxe 24 but I feel its worth it. If you think I am miss guided speak up please. Also the Husqvarna dealer has been in town for 33 years and has always been very good to work with on my Chainsaws.

Last edited by Sparky78; 09-20-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Sparky78 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 181 Old 09-21-2015, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 53
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 10
Exclamation 65 views and nothing

so evidently the way to get on the blackball list is to talk about buying a Husqvarna and not an Ariens........lol. I am shocked that I have heard nothing on feedback on this blower. Almost makes me want the Husqvarna more... Would love to hear something good or bad. Who dares to respond or have their name attached to a Husqvarna thread? Trying to get a discussion going..........
Sparky78 is offline  
post #3 of 181 Old 09-21-2015, 10:04 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,585
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky78 View Post
Did I miss something? If you think I am miss guided speak up please.
To be fair, your whole original post was statements other than one question and one inferred question
There have been discussions, but they are new, so not much hands on. The ones on the floor at Lowes are the friction disc ones without the auger gear box upgrade and impeller. If you compare those to Ariens, Cub, Troy, Craftsman and Toro, they're all about the same darn thing and price. The new hydro's do stand out with features and warranty above their price point. There was a time where you could leave a Husq dealer and buy the same thing at Sears for $50 less and it came in a different color. Gonna take some time to get people to realize they've changed quite a few things, IMO.
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...er-advice.html
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...wer-today.html
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...ro-anyone.html
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...inion-one.html
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...00-series.html
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...husqvarna.html

Last edited by jtclays; 09-21-2015 at 10:34 PM.
jtclays is offline  
post #4 of 181 Old 09-21-2015, 10:35 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 23
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 3
I ordered mine today. Family Farm and Home was willing to accept the 10% coupon from Home Depot, and there is a current $50 rebate. My first snow blower, so after much reading, I'm hoping the choice will be a good one. Will report back after first significant snow in northern Michigan.
jayarr is offline  
post #5 of 181 Old 09-21-2015, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 53
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtclays View Post
To be fair, your whole original post was statements other than one question and one inferred question
There have been discussions, but they are new, so not much hands on. The ones on the floor at Lowes are the friction disc ones without the auger gear box upgrade and impeller. If you compare those to Ariens, Cub, Troy, Craftsman and Toro, they're all about the same darn thing and price. The new hydro's do stand out with features and warranty above their price point. There was a time where you could leave a Husq dealer and buy the same thing at Sears for $50 less and it came in a different color. Gonna take some time to get people to realize they've changed quite a few things, IMO.
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...er-advice.html
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...wer-today.html
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...ro-anyone.html
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...inion-one.html
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...00-series.html
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...husqvarna.html
Jtclays thank you for your response! I did make a statement of a few things. This is how I have viewed the specs on the machines discussed. I also listed my opinion on auto turn. Then asked if I was correct or misguided. So it was all up for question when asked if I missed something but thank you for answering! From my readings Husqvarna stepped up a lot and most people still have a bad taste in their mouth from machines made years ago. I understand that and that's the reason I will never own a Ford truck again. Maybe the finest thing out there today but had 3 of them that were absolute junk. But I don't try to bash so I just avoid answering questions when it comes to emotions other than fact. I read the links you posted, thank you for doing so! I think I lean to the Husqvarna more after reading them. My dealer should have his order around September 29-October 1st. Unless something changes after seeing the machine. I'll own it soon. I'll keep the group posted with open honest feedback.
Sparky78 is offline  
post #6 of 181 Old 09-21-2015, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 53
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayarr View Post
I ordered mine today. Family Farm and Home was willing to accept the 10% coupon from Home Depot, and there is a current $50 rebate. My first snow blower, so after much reading, I'm hoping the choice will be a good one. Will report back after first significant snow in northern Michigan.
Jayarr, I also am in Michigan. Keep me posted on your machine. I will post my final decision when it happens. But 99 percent chance the st324p will be in my garage this winter
Sparky78 is offline  
post #7 of 181 Old 09-21-2015, 11:21 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 23
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky78 View Post
Jayarr, I also am in Michigan. Keep me posted on your machine. I will post my final decision when it happens. But 99 percent chance the st324p will be in my garage this winter
Like you, I also needed 24 inch. Wanted the Ariens deluxe, but my drive is gravel and is somewhat uneven. Concerned that the auto turn would engage when not needed due to undulations. My location averages 113 inches per year, so the machine should get a good workout.
jayarr is offline  
post #8 of 181 Old 09-21-2015, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 53
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayarr View Post
Like you, I also needed 24 inch. Wanted the Ariens deluxe, but my drive is gravel and is somewhat uneven. Concerned that the auto turn would engage when not needed due to undulations. My location averages 113 inches per year, so the machine should get a good workout.
Understand your thoughts on auto turn. My neighbor was trying to clear the road by his mail box last year and all it wanted to do was turn into the bank. I am in the U.P. so I also will be working the blower also. Not sure how much We ended with last year but we really got hit with the white stuff.
Sparky78 is offline  
post #9 of 181 Old 09-22-2015, 05:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Zavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 995
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 45
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 349
Likes (Received): 161
Hi Sparky78, sorry I missed your post but I think I confused it with the other ST post. I have a Husqvarna HVX924 used it last winter and loved it. I think Ariens heavy duty construction and 2 belt system give it an edge overall. However there are times when features do play a role in the buying and using decision. Overall I think of Husqvarna's quality as that of Craftsman's and MTD's of old. That being good machines and if treated well should last a long time. Sounds like you've got a solid dealer where you are, I hope you go with the Husqvarna and post lots of pics for all of us to see.

2016 Ariens Professional 28
2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
Zavie is online now  
post #10 of 181 Old 09-22-2015, 07:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ns canada
Posts: 33
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayarr View Post
I ordered mine today. Family Farm and Home was willing to accept the 10% coupon from Home Depot, and there is a current $50 rebate. My first snow blower, so after much reading, I'm hoping the choice will be a good one. Will report back after first significant snow in northern Michigan.

Congrats on the purchase! Looking forward to hearing how your new machine works! I picked up a new husqvarna st330t a few days ago and am waiting for the snow to fly
WeldyWeldyFace is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome