LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-18-2016, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 65
Thanks (Received): 157
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 555
Jacobsen Imperial 7 26

Greetings friends.....picked up an old Jacobsen Imperial from a scrapper I can't stand seeing die. I added a rebuilt newer carb on the Tecumseh H70....freed up and adjusted the tranny, put a couple of tubes in,( painted and cleaned up rims while I was at it),and generally going through and trying to make up for age and neglect. My question......the blower has only one belt with a tighter for the auger. The blower's belt is currently so tight, the auger clutch doesn't work..it obviously wants a bigger belt. Does any one know the belt size for this machine....model number 52625 ? If not....how much would you add to the belt that is there.....1 inch? more ? Less? I'm not sure of the age of this old girl, but got to be early seventies anyway. A real rugged piece of machinery.....BTW, this is the oldest blower I've seen with electric start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-19-2016, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 65
Thanks (Received): 157
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 555
I can't believe with this wealth of knowledge here no one has a Jacobsen that can help me with the belt size?/
post #3 of 4 Old 12-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1477
Garage
I have a 626 mod#58401, 6hp and in my reference it says it uses two JA335453 they are 41" X .5" http://www.jsesc.com/Catalog/Results...ER=%20JA335453

I found this one on ebay http://www.jackssmallengines.com/jac...t/oregon/75441 but it's not giving any dimensions. Might be able to look them up with a search.

In case you need the drive belt down the road - >
52620, 52624, 52625, 52630 - Drive 331325 3/8 x 40 https://www.jsesc.com/Catalog/Product.aspx?cd=ste265496

Belt PN listing with sizes http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/belts/homelite_belts.asp

This is what I found with a little searching. Might want to check for best price and delivery time from different suppliers. Don't forget to check local big box or hardware stores too.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 12-19-2016 at 07:31 PM.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-19-2016, 07:08 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 302
It's an oddball snowblower relative to popular brands with not much paper trail that doesn't cost. The 2 I've seen had a clutch/gear reduction type setup???. I think Homelite took over Jacobsen and I don't even know if Homelite owns itself anymore. I've done this process on paper to determine an approx. belt size before I knew they had a calculator online. Width should be easy to determine with a ruler also.
Pulley Calculator. RPM, Belt Length, Speed, Animated Diagrams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in