JD TRX26 Replacing Augar Small Clutch Cable - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-30-2018, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
JD TRX26 Replacing Augar Small Clutch Cable

I have searched your forum for advice on replacing the small cable (item number 5) on the diagram below and have not been able to find any information on how to do this.

Mine snapped and now I don't know if the eyelet end goes under the roller to the outside or does the spring hook on the external clutch cable go under the roller into the housing?
The part M118088 was readily available and I had it within two days.
Is there a trick/hack to remove the dog's leg piece still attached to item 7? I am having a heck of a time removing it and suspect I will have difficulty installing the new one.
There is a bolt through the casing that appears to a stop for the item 7 but I am not sure of its function.
Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TRX26 Augar Cable Picture.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	129113  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-01-2018, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
JD TRX26 Replacing Auger Small Clutch Cable My Solution: Looked at the broken cable again and again. Finally realized I could gain more room by unbolting the Traction Drive Wheel item 13 in Fig.1. Shown as well as item B in Fig. 2. Then, by moving the Speed Selector Lever Control to Speed Level 6 (the fastest) this moved the Speed Selector Mechanism out of the way. See Fig. 2 Speed Selector Mechanism and in Fig. 3 Speed Selector Assembly item E. This now gave me enough room to put the Z connector into the lever from the bottom not the top. I was trying to replicate the original placement of the Z connector in the top but gave up and inserted it from the bottom as there was not enough room on the top to insert the Z connector. I canít think of any reason that it wonít work if it is inserted from the bottom. Please advise if anyone feels the bottom placement of the Z connector will be an issue. Thanks for sharing your Forum with me and I will undoubtedly need it again. Shep
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fig. 1 Traction Drive Wheel Exploded View.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	129554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fig. 3 Speed Selector Assembly.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	129562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fig. 2 Traction Drive Wheel.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	129570  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page