LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 02-16-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
44 Snowblower worm gear needed

Hello all, I'm searching to find a replacement worm gear for the gearbox on my 44 snowblower attachment. I have already replaced the gearbox once at the cost of $500 bucks and I refuse to pay that again. I have searched the internet for a solution to this riddle but all I find are many others who have the same problem.

I am hoping to nail the fix down, once-and-for-all, and maybe this thread can be used for reference for others?

The mower I have is an X300. The blower attachment is a 44 snowblower.

I have my tail between my legs as to the reason I am in this situation but that is neither here-nor-there right now. I learned my lesson (and i thought I was old enough to stop learning this way).

This gear is made of one solid piece of bronze. I saw others with the 44" snowblower and their gear issue showed pictures with a center removed from the gear itself. I tried using my bushing remover and only split the center, spacer, portion of my gear.

Here is a picture of mine.

I made my measurements and wrote them down.

I'm hoping the pictures are not too big, I cut them to 35% of there original. If I need to make them smaller please let me know and I will.

What I don't know is the gear pitch. Maybe someone can help with that.

Since my gear is one piece, maybe I can find a center spacer and then a gear to fit over it? The auger shaft is 3/4 inch diameter.

I just find it odd there are so many people who have looked for this information and there hasn't been a solution found, or at least a solution which people are aware of.

Please help if you can. I'm in need to find an affordable solution and maybe I can answer some questions which I haven't thought of?

Best Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	44 Blower data tag.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	153645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gear 1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	153647   Click image for larger version

Name:	Worm gear.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	153649  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page