LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-21-2013, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
trs27 jetting q's

hey everyone, brand spankin new here and had some q's about my in-laws trs27...i believe it is an 8 hp tecumseh engine and was having issues with it turning the shoot smoothly as it kept binding at the gears because of excess movement in the shoot....so i pulled it apart to check the nylon ring and ended up being a trip to the dealer for parts....but what i was wondering is that the stock jetting for these is main jet 2 1/4 amd idle mix 2 turns out according to my dealer......far way off from what i thought is the general rule of 1.5....I also notice that when they are set this way they are def running rich belching out black smoke....they tend to also run way better leaned out a bit....so this makes me wonder why the dealership sets them rich....is it to provide the reliability out of them by simply de-tuning them or are these jets slightly different then other similar engines....the tecumseh manual says one thing but the deere tech says another....which one is right?? and is the proper practise?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 332
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 750
I dont know which is correct..but I would *always always always* believe the Tecumseh manual over the dealer..The manufacturer knows their product much better than some random guy at the dealer, who might have no idea what he is talking about..

So whatever the manual says, go with that..
if the dealer says different, ignore the dealer..

(unless he can provide you with an official Tecumseh bulletin that supersedes their own manual..sometimes manufacturers do change things after manuals get printed..but I doubt that is the case here!

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-21-2013, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
thanks sscotsman for helping me out with that....I am no small engine mechanic....but do tinker with lots of internal combustion stuff and thought that he sounded sketchy....even when i asked him if they were setting them that rich over the tecumseh recomended settings...he just replied "2 1/4 turns out is the factory setting"...
thanks again
cheers
post #4 of 4 Old 11-21-2013, 05:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 250
Yea, I would start with the Tecumseh recommended setting and then adjust it until it runs best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page