Lawn Boy 2 stroke - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 Old 02-12-2016, 04:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 1630
Likes (Received): 571
that should be $50 he puts in the cookie jar for the 2450 or 3650. in a big snowfall the 2450 and 3650 are what you want, my first toro was a powerlite-E, it was very slow going but it got me through a blizzard but it was darn slow going. i knew my dealer didn't have any and couldn't get any 2450's but he let me put a 2450E in the lay-a-way for the following fall. i was happy i had it that winter even though i still used the powrlite from time to time

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 Old 02-12-2016, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by detdrbuzzard View Post
that should be $50 he puts in the cookie jar for the 2450 or 3650. in a big snowfall the 2450 and 3650 are what you want, my first toro was a powerlite-E, it was very slow going but it got me through a blizzard but it was darn slow going. i knew my dealer didn't have any and couldn't get any 2450's but he let me put a 2450E in the lay-a-way for the following fall. i was happy i had it that winter even though i still used the powrlite from time to time
Hopefully this will just be a walkway wiper for normal snow cleanups until I can find a Toro 726/6000 2 stroke/2 stage for heavier falls next season. It's financially better for me to take time off work here and go to NJ and help shovel/salt/whatever than it is for me to stay here. In the short term it sucks because most accounts are billed and I get a smaller check at the time, but in the long run it pays off. Most of the time it doesn't snow more than 3ish" up there so if all it does is save a little shovel time I think it'll pay for the $50.00. Since the work is so seasonal, it's hard to keep reliable shovelers for more than a season or two so my wife and I go anytime there's any substantial accumulation and pitch in wherever needed.
Charles
post #13 of 28 Old 02-12-2016, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Tech question. This little blower appears to me to use wipers rather than augers. If that's correct, is a new wiper a factory molded piece of reinforced rubber or simply a piece of material that gets it curve/shape by way of it's attachment to the machine? Hope that makes sense??? The reason I ask is that a friend owns a rubber/gasket supply and depending on design, could cut me whatever material it uses. I would think that they'd wear from time to time. Thanks.
Charles
post #14 of 28 Old 02-13-2016, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 553
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 584
Likes (Received): 604
Cool that you got it. I was watching the last couple of minutes tick off on the auction and wondered if you were the one who got it when it ended.

The auger rubber, scraper bar and belts for those are inexpensive enough through a Toro dealer or other sources. The augers are made up of two curved pieces of reinforced rubber like this.

I'm pretty much retired from the forum thing, but I check in every now and then.
post #15 of 28 Old 02-13-2016, 03:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 277
I just cut my own rubber parts now. I bought a huge roll of conveyor belt when the farm store had it on clearance a few years ago. The last set I ordered for a 3650 I think was around $50 - and that's what I paid for a roll I can't even lift myself!! CHA_CHING!

I am deathly allergic to shovels!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 28 Old 02-13-2016, 07:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 1630
Likes (Received): 571
actually the paddles are not curved they curve once bolted in place so if your friend makes them for you he doesn't need to precurve them

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
post #17 of 28 Old 02-13-2016, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad69cat View Post
I just cut my own rubber parts now. I bought a huge roll of conveyor belt when the farm store had it on clearance a few years ago. The last set I ordered for a 3650 I think was around $50 - and that's what I paid for a roll I can't even lift myself!! CHA_CHING!
That's exactly what I was thinking. They can waterjet them out of any material you want it it only takes a minute. When you're buddy owns the place it's even cheaper. I have access to lots of UHMW stock so I imagine that'll be useful somewhere down the line.

Charles
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes bad69cat liked this post
post #18 of 28 Old 02-15-2016, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I didn't even mention it, but some of you may have noticed the Lawn Boy DOES NOT have the engage/disengage bar on the handle. I was aware of this before I bought it. The seller actually made sure I knew it before I bid on it. He said I was correct in my guess that you just rock the machine back when starting and/or end of pass/turning. He said it wasn't there when he got it and he wanted to make sure I was aware of it. He said it was never a problem for him. From my experience with lawnmowers with blade brakes and auto shutoffs, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Assuming you're a guy who's comfortable with slightly goofy mechanics is this a big deal? Here's a pic of a small toro from eBay for reference. Thanks!

Here's the Lawn Boy I bought.

post #19 of 28 Old 02-15-2016, 03:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 277
either way the parts are interchangeable..... so no big deal. I kind of like the bright a$$ green - it glows in the dark! lol

I am deathly allergic to shovels!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 28 Old 02-15-2016, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad69cat View Post
either way the parts are interchangeable..... so no big deal. I kind of like the bright a$$ green - it glows in the dark! lol
That's funny. That green color kind of makes me happy too. So what's the majority opinion? Should I bother retrofitting the disengage lever or run it as is? W/O having actually used the machine I don't know, but it doesn't seem like it would be a big ordeal. Those with experience please chime in. Thanks!

Charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page