LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 09-27-2018, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
MTD 8/26 possible motor replacement

First of all thank you for having this wonderful forum. I believe I may need to replace the engine on the unit I just got. I tried searching to find info on this but haven't been very successful.

My questions are these, one it has an HMSK80 on it currently with electric start. If I get another engine, does it have to be an HMSK or can it just be an HM80? OR are there other options of motors out there for me to look at? I don't have an abundance of cash laying around but if I can get this running like a top again without investing a ton of money, that would be appreciative.

I dismantled the blower down to just the motor. When I turn the blower over by turning the shaft, I can hear that it is an internal issue with the motor.

Backstory: I just got an old MTD 8/26 from my father-in-law. He purchased it new and kept it meticulous and had it professionally maintained until he gave it to me. He started it up this past year after having it maintained and it made a HORRIBLE racket after running it for a couple of minutes. He quickly turned it off and hadn't touched it since. He has since bought a new blower being that this one is 20 years old.

Thanks again in advance,

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_693653847701235_1538086830043.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	147009  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page