Snowblower Forum banner

Does my mtd 8/26 have a light provision?

9K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  bobfoe95 
#1 ·
After doing some reading I have noticed some people mention that the MTD 8/26 has a light hookup spot. Where will I find this? How do I know if mine has it? Does it have both ground and power wires?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Light

On the engines I've had, if there was provisions for a light then there were extra magnets on the flywheel and a different stator on the motor.

They can be added but you're talking retiming the engine when you replace the stator (DAMHIK). Not for the faint of heart.

#14 ·
The only trouble with leds is that they do not produce to much heat so snow sticks to them. I have led warning lights on my plow trucks and when it's snowing hard the snow sticks to them. Other than that I love leds I even have them in my house.

#16 ·
Take your 55 watt bulb out of you your light after you try it first (it may work) Your local dealer should have a bulb that should fit your light or auto part store. The led will work but if you get a lot of blowed snow on the light it won't be as bright. I think that is main reason no new snow blowers have them and they cost more too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.