LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 02-05-2015, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
carbuerator problem

I was given an MTD snow blower, didn't run, got it running but gas is spraying out of the card, and also out of the primer bulb. Looked up model number and when I punch that in on any parts sites it comes up blank, even the MTD parts site, just shows the cover over the carb on the blow out view and no carb listed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a bad feeling this is one of those made for Wallmart type deals.

Heres the model number if this helps 315-611D000 it's a 5/22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-05-2015, 04:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 177
Thanks (Received): 156
Likes (Given): 1632
Likes (Received): 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewchief View Post
I was given an MTD snow blower, didn't run, got it running but gas is spraying out of the card, and also out of the primer bulb. Looked up model number and when I punch that in on any parts sites it comes up blank, even the MTD parts site, just shows the cover over the carb on the blow out view and no carb listed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a bad feeling this is one of those made for Wallmart type deals.

Heres the model number if this helps 315-611D000 it's a 5/22
Welcome to SBF!!!!

You're probably already aware but it sounds like the fuel inlet valve isn't seating causing a flooded condition. Needs a rebuild kit (and intake gasket) and possibly including a new float if the current one is swamped.

What about the engine make / model number. If it's a Tecumseh, it's should be stamped into the shroud under the starter button.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
('72 Sears 3520)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
('89 Toro 824)

('70 Allis-Chalmers Tracker-7)

('80 Toro 724)

('95 Ariens ST724) --> Sold

('71 Ariens 910965 SnoThro 524)
post #3 of 10 Old 02-05-2015, 04:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Partstree is showing a Tecumseh engine...and it suggest that it's a 1995 machine.

('72 Sears 3520)

('89 Toro 824)

('80 Toro 724)

post #4 of 10 Old 02-05-2015, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccat View Post
Partstree is showing a Tecumseh engine...and it suggest that it's a 1995 machine.
Cat, thanks for the quick response. I do believe your right about it being a 95. I will check the engine for model, but there is no starter button, it's a pullcord start
post #5 of 10 Old 02-05-2015, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccat View Post
Cat, problem solved, found the right carb and just ordered a new one, thanks for the help.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-05-2015, 05:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewchief View Post
Cat, problem solved, found the right carb and just ordered a new one, thanks for the help.
Good deal! Don't forget the intake gasket that goes between the carb & the intake pipe...they usually get tore-up pretty good especially if it's the first time being taken off.

I'd hang-on to the old one as well...especially if ripping a carb apart is on your bucket list .

('72 Sears 3520)

('89 Toro 824)

('80 Toro 724)

Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks crewchief thanked for this post
post #7 of 10 Old 12-15-2017, 01:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
I'm having this exact problem with the same model snowblower, drives me crazy when people don't list the fix they just say solved.
What carb does it take? Where can I get it and the inlet valve? ..
post #8 of 10 Old 12-15-2017, 01:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishka View Post
I'm having this exact problem with the same model snowblower, drives me crazy when people don't list the fix they just say solved.
What carb does it take? Where can I get it and the inlet valve? ..
I assume the OP followed my lead on loading his engine model # into one of the many online parts resources to find a carb #...then went to ebay or amazon and ordered a replacement...likely a chinese clone for < $20 shipped.

You should start your own thread. Include the model # of your engine...you can get a jump on things by loading that engine model # into an online parts store (partstree, jacks small engines, etc.).

('72 Sears 3520)

('89 Toro 824)

('80 Toro 724)

Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Shishka thanked for this post
post #9 of 10 Old 12-15-2017, 01:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thank you, I will find my engine model number and if I get stuck I will start a new thread. Didn't mean to drag up a dead thread it just fit my situation so well.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-15-2017, 01:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishka View Post
Thank you, I will find my engine model number and if I get stuck I will start a new thread. Didn't mean to drag up a dead thread it just fit my situation so well.
Np Shishka! Some forums / mods get pretty bent over reviving dead-threads.

Regarding replacement carbs, I've had better results refurbishing the old ones.

Tecumseh rebuild kits are still relatively cheap...you may have to buy a float as well.

('72 Sears 3520)

('89 Toro 824)

('80 Toro 724)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page