post #61 of 62 Old 01-21-2018, 06:52 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 75
Thanks (Received): 186
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadawson View Post
I have a Tecumseh that is 38 years old, running like new. Show me a Chinese turd that can do that . . .

And BFHD on 5000 RPM . . . blowers are not designed for that, so that point is irrelevant. If you want a Honda engine, buy Honda! Don't fund intellectual property theft!
and for your information.....I have working equipment with 50 year old Briggs and Tecumsehs as well. They are great...museum pieces....love em all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 01-21-2018, 08:25 PM

Location: North Dallas area and UP of MI, average snowfall 202"
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 70
Likes (Given): 63
Likes (Received): 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranman View Post
Honda $450....Predator $99 ...let me think about it......Hmmmm...I've been using Hondas ...and Chinese Hondas...on my Cranberry farm since 1998.....I don't see a difference between them in quality or longevity. I have Chondras I've been beating the piss out of...for 20 years...never a failure....and guess what....blowers work great at over 3600 RPM...if you weren't running a Tec.....you would know. FWIW....My ST824 with a 15 year old WEN (the first generation Chondra that HF sold at the turn of the century) has more power and reliability then the Tec it replaced.....you want a rush???? turn up the RPM's on your blower and see how far you can throw the white stuff...oh wait...you have a Tec.....never mind......
No, I wouldn't "know", in that I rarely run full throttle anyhow . . . unless I want to bury my neighbors drive (and frankly, even were it not there, I still wouldn't have a need . . . more RPM typically results in more blown back in my face . . .). To each thier own . . . I will *NOT* support criminal enterprise no matter how cheap . . . Oh, and thee nasty little detail that no Predator I have found is rated for more than about 3600 RPM, and that the only one for $99 is 3 HP . . . . an 8 HP is $239 . . . . Not to mention no mention of any availability of electric start . . . And parts availability? Who knows . . . but Chinese products have historically been pretty bad in that regard . . .
n there is th
Not to mention that even of it works at higher RPM, how much more stress are you putting on the blower? No thanks, I'll pass on that as well . . . . this isn't "Tool Time", and "More Power" is not magically better . . .

Oh, and you can't see crap metallurgy and/or materials . . .

Last edited by tadawson; 01-21-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page