30 year old Dynamark 825 Model number? Need wheels!! - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Post 30 year old Dynamark 825 Model number? Need wheels!!

Folks,

Last year, I'd gotten a 30 year old, Dynamark 825 blower. The engine is a Tecumseh HM80-155310M - Serial 7293C made on 10/21/1987.

I can see the serial number of the blower is 701864 with "78" near it a bit smaller. But the model number has faded.

I called Murray, then Briggs (who's taken over these, as far as replacement parts are concerned).

They told me it was "Similar to Craftsman Trac Drive 8HP 25" model #536.884900". That can't be right as far as the drive goes, as mine is not track drive. It has `2x5.00-6 Sno Hog tires, on 3/4" ID rims, with the pin-hole and Schrader valve on the outside of the rim. The following picture is from a #536.886520, and it shows the tires I have, but Sears Direct doesn't have the part number for item#675 (the wheel assemblies). https://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_p...9119-00007.png

I need new wheel assemblies. I had some hack-tire-change-guy try to get new tires on the rims and now the rims are garbage and won't hold air. So, I need new tires with air in them, that will fit. Mostly, anything with that size tire and axle size (3/4") will work. There are generally two types...one that is shorter than the other by about 4" in the back. So that it sits flat on the floor, when the valve is "up".

Although the unit originally came (to me 30 years after manufacture) with tires with the the longer 3/4" bushing on it, these were frozen on the axle, so I made some Delrin bushings that mimic what Murray or Cub Cadet does on their axles, and got 2 Cub Cadet wheels from Craigslist. Then I grease up the axle with anti-seize. (some of these wheels's I've seen have zerk fittings to make greasing easier...this would be a nice-to-have, but optional).

Feel free to post here a link to buy these, or feel free to DM me.

Regards,

Ambidexter

P.S. Attached is a photo for a Carlisle X-Trac which is the right size and shows the pin hole and valve. I've seen Sno Hogs that work too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carlisle_X-Trac_Snow_Blower_Tires.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	152803  

Last edited by Ambidexter; 02-01-2019 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Adding link for Sears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-02-2019, 09:11 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 88
Thanks (Received): 173
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 400
Garage
I have the same machine. Wheels appear to be interchangeable between all makes and models. Look on Craig's list. Cost should be between $15-$40 for two.

1986 Ariens ST522, 5hp, 22"
1995 Murray Craftsman 10hp, 29" w. 12" impeller
A 1983 Real John Deere 10hp, 32" w. 12" impeller, 16" auger, 20" high front, cast iron gear box, chains
Noma 9hp, 27" w. 12" impeller
Noma 5hp, 24" w. 12" impeller, 20" high front
Gravely Convertible, 12hp Kohler cast iron, 26" width, 600 lbs of cast iron & steel, 2 speed impeller, 4 ground speeds
Dynamark 8hp, 26", 12" impeller, for sale
Several other 5hp, 8hp, several 2 cycle, all for sale
post #3 of 4 Old 02-02-2019, 09:52 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 42
You might be able to put a tube on those rims, unless he really trashed them.

I use one of those small tire changers for snall wheels from harbor freight, with small tire irons, works great. Makle sure you lube the tire.

They also make split rims, I have them on 2 of my machines, with tubes of course, works great.

I use Sno-Hog, but X-Trac work well also.

Example:

https://www.bmikarts.com/6-Split-Rim...rn_p_1570.html
post #4 of 4 Old 02-03-2019, 11:04 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 16
Garage
Do you have any small engine repair shops nearby? I have one here that lets you pick and pull from their "salvage yard".

I bought an entire snowblower similar to yours for $20. I needed the engine, wheels, and a few other things off of it - the problem was apparently something with the drive/transmission that the PO didn't want to spend money on.

Just a thought, though I do realize this probably isn't the best time of year to be searching through a salvage yard...

Adam
Flathead Valley, MT

1980 Ariens ST824
1990s Toro CCR1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page