Buying an Ariens Platinum 24 SHO tomorrow - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-27-2019, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Mas

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Question Buying an Ariens Platinum 24 SHO tomorrow

Hello Everyone!

My name is Mas and live in a north suburb of Chicago. I am planning to purchase a platinum 24 SHO. This will be my first snowblower and I have decided on Ariens based on reviews and word of mouth. I work long hours as a nurse and usually am exhausted when I come home. I want a blower that is strong and doesn't get bogged easily in multiple conditions as there may be times when I am unable to blow until the snow has had hours to get hard. I have looked locally on FB marketplace and offerup for some deals but unable to find any worth the difference in price from new (lack of warranty, unknown maintenance, sketchy sellers, lack of supply, etc.).

I am completely new to the snowblower game and I purchased a home today with an extremely long concrete driveway with multiple cracks throughout. I want to redo the concrete after winter but have to deal with it for the coming season.

I plan on making the purchase at the local ariens service facility as I would be able to easily bring it in for service.

Any tips for slightly uneven surfaces? Did I make the right selection in blower? Any tips or input would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-27-2019, 02:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 348
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1144
ALOHA From The Paradise City.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 6 Old 09-27-2019, 02:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 355
Likes (Received): 162
Welcome to the forum! The Platinum SHO is an excellent choice. Most years it will be overkill, but then you will get hit and you will be glad you went with the SHO.

2016 Ariens Professional 28
2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
post #4 of 6 Old 09-27-2019, 03:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 219
Likes (Received): 134
Mas, welcome aboard! Are you buying fuel injected or carbureted?

2014 Ariens 21" Path Pro 938030
2015 Ariens 24" SHO 921038 | poly skids
post #5 of 6 Old 09-27-2019, 09:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas View Post
I plan on making the purchase at the local ariens service facility as I would be able to easily bring it in for service.

Any tips for slightly uneven surfaces? Did I make the right selection in blower? Any tips or input would be appreciated.
Buying it where you are is a wise choice, hopefully you won't be seeing them often except for maintenance if you have it done there.

As Zavie said most times it will be overkill but there will eventually and inevitably come a day when you are very glad you spent the money. Don't ask how I know.

Regarding the uneven surfaces, get the poly-something skids for the front instead of the stock steel ones. The dealer should have them but if not any number of places have them, this is an Amazon listing but shop around, they are not always cheapest. They will slide easier and won't mark up your driveway if that is important to you. They also won't leave rust marks where you store it after use.

post #6 of 6 Old 09-27-2019, 09:43 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 41
Thanks (Received): 51
Likes (Given): 139
Likes (Received): 116
good choice of machine, and just as important, good idea to buy from a trusted dealer. Unless you plan to do all maintenance yourself, you can rely on them for a while. I have all used machines, but still use a local dealer for parts and for info.

Paul
----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Toro 724, 1988 Toro 521
1980 Toro 421, 1995 Craftsman 524
1997 Toro CCR 2500 & 1994 Toro CCR Powerlite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page