Snowblower Forum banner

Mid-Atlantic Newbie

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Ariensboy 
#1 ·
Howdy Folks!

Last winter was the last time I shoveled my 6+ car driveway for an hour while my neighbor finishes his much larger driveway in 20 minutes with his blower. The time and the fact that I am officially in my "late" fifties makes the decision to go buy a blower an easy one.

I have lurked around here a few different times but it is time to dig in and learn some more.

Curtis

#6 ·
Welcome, indeed. I'd start by visiting the local retailer and discussing your specific needs. Some variables include single / two stage, gas / electric / battery. Considerations include typical snowfalls, clearing area, property contour, storage area, and finances.

#7 ·
What part of Maryland? The needs of someone on the Eastern Shore are far different from someone in Garret County and near the aptly named Frostburg. Narrowing it down to the county or nearest city will be close enough.

I'm originally from MD, near the D.C. area and am glad to have escaped that horrendous mass of idiotic traffic.

#8 ·
Hi Curtis

I would think about the inches. If you consistently receive less than 6" I would look at a single stage. But, if you want to have fun, get a two stage!
Welcome to the Forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.