LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 01-15-2017, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 155
Likes (Given): 52
Likes (Received): 544
Honda clone thoughts.

Greetings friends......I've been using Hondas on my cranberry harvest equipment for 25 years, and started using Harbor Freight clones about a dozen years ago, because cranberry prices are in the toilet, and the price. I repowered a Ariens ST 8 24 that I picked up on the side of the road with a blown Tecumseh in 2005 cause I was having problems with my Allis Chalmers Tracker 7 transmission...and try and get parts for that! I had the honda clone on the shelf...bushed it up to 1 in....and that was it. Except for running on part choke...trouble free for years. Today, I brought in a 10000 series Ariens that needed the typical, clean points and carb crap, and I said to my self....self....stop it. I had a Harbor Freight 5.5 WEN clone on the shelf that had a few harvest seasons on it before a worker drove the harvester in to a ditch and seized the motor when it ran underwater...I replaced the motor in a half hour and continued harvest, but the old motor stayed on the shelf. This was five years ago and the motor still had the old gas in it. I mounted it on the old Ariens, took the aircleaner off, gave it some ether....and it started and ran on the old gas. I'm offically done playing with the old Tecumsehs for resale.....( I'll play with them only cause they are cool.) From now on.....repower....
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks nwcove thanked for this post
Likes nwcove, Grunt, gsnod liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page