414cc Stormforce on 1032 Ariens - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-10-2017, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Lakeville Ma
Posts: 1,620
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 155
Likes (Given): 52
Likes (Received): 544
414cc Stormforce on 1032 Ariens

well friends....I bit the bullet and ordered the Stormforce 414cc engine from smallenginesuppliers.com and it arrived yesterday. $149 plus $70 for shipping for an LCT winter engine with electric start...how can you beat it! Thanks to Shaw 351 for supplying the link and idea in the first place! I really like the thought of the big six blade impeller on the Ariens coupled with that 414cc engine..... Now I've got to strip the Ariens for new paint....weld a crack in the bucket, replace bearings etc. as needed, and swap a new set of handles to replace the broken ones on the 1032. Then figure out the engine swap! Shaw....would you change pulley diameter, or keep it stock? Also tips on mounting the engine...I couldn't find the thread you had on this.....
cranman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 12-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northville NY - Southern Adirondack Mtns.
Posts: 1,308
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 206
WOW - they have tremendous prices. Any idea where they are located ? Wonder if you could buy direct to avoid the shipping charge - although it isn't that expensive - these are heavyitems.
RIT333 is online now  
post #3 of 11 Old 12-10-2017, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Lakeville Ma
Posts: 1,620
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 155
Likes (Given): 52
Likes (Received): 544
Much heavier then a 212 Preditor for sure...Shaw....I finally found the post for your 1032 build with the 414...good stuff.
cranman is online now  
post #4 of 11 Old 12-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Newington, CT
Posts: 2,029
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 92
Likes (Given): 446
Likes (Received): 148
you will probably need a wait. i have a predator 420cc on mine and it works great with factory pulleys. i have the belt dimensions if you decide to go with factory pulleys
43128 is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 12-10-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Lakeville Ma
Posts: 1,620
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 155
Likes (Given): 52
Likes (Received): 544
I'll go with factory if it performs well ....what are the belts you used?
cranman is online now  
post #6 of 11 Old 12-10-2017, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Jackmels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ma.
Posts: 1,938
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 98
Thanks (Received): 152
Likes (Given): 295
Likes (Received): 606
Cran, how bout some pics?
Jackmels is online now  
post #7 of 11 Old 12-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 842
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 53
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranman View Post
well friends....I bit the bullet and ordered the Stormforce 414cc engine from smallenginesuppliers.com and it arrived yesterday. $149 plus $70 for shipping for an LCT winter engine with electric start...how can you beat it! Thanks to Shaw 351 for supplying the link and idea in the first place! I really like the thought of the big six blade impeller on the Ariens coupled with that 414cc engine..... Now I've got to strip the Ariens for new paint....weld a crack in the bucket, replace bearings etc. as needed, and swap a new set of handles to replace the broken ones on the 1032. Then figure out the engine swap! Shaw....would you change pulley diameter, or keep it stock? Also tips on mounting the engine...I couldn't find the thread you had on this.....
SES has the best prices around, I too found them to by the lowest and fastest , I needed a new kohler twin for my personal cc tractor when the SV 730 twin gave up. they helped me find a drop in k745 for 650 plus 90 for fedex ground to my door.
other places were hundreds higher
5 stars all around for them
10953 is offline  
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks cranman thanked for this post
post #8 of 11 Old 12-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Newington, CT
Posts: 2,029
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 92
Likes (Given): 446
Likes (Received): 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranman View Post
I'll go with factory if it performs well ....what are the belts you used?
me and my buddy did the same swap and we towed his blower to the auto parts store and test fit is the parking lot. this pic should save you about 2hrs of bs

43128 is offline  
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks cranman thanked for this post
post #9 of 11 Old 12-10-2017, 08:50 PM
Senior Member
 
guilateen02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 416
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 109
Just checked that site out. It asks for a quote request for prices. Makes it tough to shop and compare on the site. Or is it just me. Is there a trick to the site. Like creating an account?

74 Ariens 832
8? FMC Bolens 824
02 White 4x4 Snow Boss
90 Lawn Boy ST320
88 Honda 300FW w/plow
guilateen02 is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 12-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilateen02 View Post
Just checked that site out. It asks for a quote request for prices. Makes it tough to shop and compare on the site. Or is it just me. Is there a trick to the site. Like creating an account?
I just looked at the website works for me.

Just go half way down click on snowblower motors you will see all of them
MrDman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome