Removing Dash cover from Toro 824 Power Mas - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-22-2018, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 0
Removing Dash cover from Toro 824 Power Mas

I am trying to see my interlock mechanism and rod to find out why the auger will not lock on when the drive and auger handles push down. I cannot get the dash cover off to see the rod. I have removed all the bolts I can find, but the dash is moulded up over the handlebear and I can\t remove it. Anyone have any suggestion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-22-2018, 11:14 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 342
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1117
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer23 View Post
I am trying to see my interlock mechanism and rod to find out why the auger will not lock on when the drive and auger handles push down. I cannot get the dash cover off to see the rod. I have removed all the bolts I can find, but the dash is moulded up over the handlebear and I can\t remove it. Anyone have any suggestion?
Might just want to post some pics. so we have some clue at what you are talking aboot.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 9 Old 01-22-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Sorry, but I don't have a way to post pictures, unless I can get someone with a smart phone. I will try to describe better what I am trying to do. There is a cover in front of the handle bars, and over top of the drive controls etc., which I thought people called the "dash". It has the chute joy stick protruding up through it, the drive shift lever, and the drive and auger engage controls. The dash, or cover, or whatever it is called, extends out and under the handle bars, and on mine, the handle bar ends are part way inside the end of this plastic "dash". There are bolts up through the handle bars that I removed, and I removed the rod that connects the joy sticlk to the chute thinking the "dash" would just push back, but where the end of it goes up over the handle bars it is too tight. I tried prying it with a screwdiver, but there are plastic extruded pieces that go up into the handle bars, so sliding it back is impossible. It almost looks like I have to unhook the ends of the interlock rod to allow things to move back, but I don't want to do that as I can't see much with this "dash" in the way, Sorry, my explanation is not real good, I don't know the names of all these items. If I can get a picture and figure out how to get it onto this I will post again.
Thanks.
post #4 of 9 Old 01-22-2018, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Sorry, but I don't have a way to post pictures, unless I can get someone with a smart phone. I will try to describe better what I am trying to do. There is a cover in front of the handle bars, and over top of the drive controls etc., which I thought people called the "dash". It has the chute joy stick protruding up through it, the drive shift lever, and the drive and auger engage controls. The dash, or cover, or whatever it is called, extends out and under the handle bars, and on mine, the handle bar ends are part way inside the end of this plastic "dash". There are bolts up through the handle bars that I removed, and I removed the rod that connects the joy sticlk to the chute thinking the "dash" would just push back, but where the end of it goes up over the handle bars it is too tight. I tried prying it with a screwdiver, but there are plastic extruded pieces that go up into the handle bars, so sliding it back is impossible. It almost looks like I have to unhook the ends of the interlock rod to allow things to move back, but I don't want to do that as I can't see much with this "dash" in the way, Sorry, my explanation is not real good, I don't know the names of all these items. If I can get a picture and figure out how to get it onto this I will post again.
Thanks.

OK I borrowed a phone, and hopefully these pictures will send as I am not sure what I am doing. I am not smart enough for the smart phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0081.jpg toro.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	127337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg toro.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	127345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0089.jpg toro.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	127353   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.jpg toro.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	127361  
post #5 of 9 Old 01-22-2018, 03:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 132
Likes (Given): 197
Likes (Received): 283
I dont own one, but if no-one chimes in, perhaps looking at the parts breakdown will help.

Not sure your exact model/serial, but example above was from
https://www.toro.com/en/parts/partdetails/?id=47505
Click on parts.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-23-2018, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbert View Post
I dont own one, but if no-one chimes in, perhaps looking at the parts breakdown will help.

Not sure your exact model/serial, but example above was from
https://www.toro.com/en/parts/partdetails/?id=47505
Click on parts.
No, sorry that doesn't help. I have those manuals. But, I don't have x-ray vision, so I can't see those parts without removing the cover, which is what I am having issues doing.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-31-2018, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I guess nobody knows how to take this dash off, or has never had to do this. Guess I will just have to live with a bungee cord around the impeller engagement handle until spring and warmer weather to look at it.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-31-2018, 07:49 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 137
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 322
Quote:
I guess nobody knows how to take this dash off, or has never had to do this. Guess I will just have to live with a bungee cord around the impeller engagement handle until spring and warmer weather to look at it.
It happens, if it's working the way you have it then at least it's usable. Maybe talk to the tech at your local dealership and see if they have some insight into your problem or even ask the manufacturer.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-31-2018, 08:49 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 28
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 41
You got to look under the dash I have never had to take the whole dash out to work on the lock out. If you look under the dash on the left side you will see the lock out asm. You can do all the work from there like unbolt the lockout latch or pound the roll pins out to get the shaft out so you can check the cam lock. It could be the spring or a roll pin broke or is missing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page