Need Help Identifying Snow Blower Engine - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-08-2018, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Need Help Identifying Snow Blower Engine

Hey how's it going? I am new to the small engine repairing scene and need help in identifying the engine i currently have on my snowblower.

The engine wont turn over. I have tried replacing the spark plug as well as putting new fuel in the tank and flushing out the old stuff.

The Engine was left sitting for about 2 years now since it last started, so the old fuel and oil were just sitting in there for a while. I am thinking of replacing the carburetor on the engine to see if that will start it up before the season but I can't seem to figure out what engine it is.

Here is a picture of what I believe the engine is but I'm not sure. I also have pictures of my own engine but I'm not sure how to post them here. Any help will be appreciated and thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-09-2018, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Here are photos of my current engine on my current snowblower which I was speaking of and a photo of what I assume is the model number or something on the block itself. As well as what I assume is the engine I have but I am not sure
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181008_132314.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	148231   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181008_132347.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	148233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	148235  
post #3 of 12 Old 11-09-2018, 01:16 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 353
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1163
Quote:
Originally Posted by GReyes01 View Post
Here are photos of my current engine on my current snowblower which I was speaking of and a photo of what I assume is the model number or something on the block itself. As well as what I assume is the engine I have but I am not sure
It has That TEC Engine on it.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 12 Old 11-09-2018, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 511
Thanks (Received): 682
Likes (Given): 3849
Likes (Received): 1479
Garage
to SBF GReyes01

Looks like you have a tank, a 1032 ?? It's a 10hp Tecumseh Snow King. Is the muffler off ?? Since the cover over the carb is loose you might want to check to see if you have a key switch missing that is grounding out the coil. Just left of the primer in the photo you have 4 holes. That's where the ignition switch and key would go. Your's might have had one or maybe not. You need to check to see if there is a loose wire back there. Have you checked to see if you have spark ??

Here is a great resource for our Ariens machines: https://scotlawrence.github.io/ariens/index.html

The model number should be on the top of the fan shroud.

this photo shows one with a key, sorry for the quality.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
post #5 of 12 Old 11-09-2018, 02:25 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 56
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 148
r u missing the muffler?
buy carb cleaner and clean the carb out, many a utube vids on howto on tecumsehs.
heres mine on removing it

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

Last edited by vinnycom; 11-09-2018 at 02:28 AM.
post #6 of 12 Old 11-09-2018, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thank you for all the responses.

So regarding the muffler, I did remove it, sorry I failed to mention that.

Also regarding what Kiss4aFrog mentioned regarding the ignition location, on my engine there was an ignition button on this location he mentioned, however the button was only for turning it on through the electric start. When the engine was used, the electric start was never actually used for the snowblower, we just turned it on with the recoil start (pull cord) so I also removed that button as well as the electric start unit itself.

The key is still on the snowblower and is located towards the top where the handles are. Regarding it's wiring, I did redo the wiring for the key actually by attaching new metal pins to the existing wires and ensuring there weren't any loose connections as you can see in this image. I did connect the wires back to where they were originally located for anyone wondering.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20181005_192237.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	148243  
post #7 of 12 Old 11-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 511
Thanks (Received): 682
Likes (Given): 3849
Likes (Received): 1479
Garage
Do you have spark ??

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
post #8 of 12 Old 11-09-2018, 11:11 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 247
Thanks (Received): 287
Likes (Given): 2894
Likes (Received): 535
The arrow is pointing to what looks like the carb primer hose which should attach to a small nipple on the left side of the carb or to the primer bulb. While it won't prevent the engine from running, it will make it more difficult to start. Have you tried adding a little fuel through the spark plug hole and starting it?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hose.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	578.8 KB
ID:	148245  

Toro 8/24 (38080) 1989
Toro 721-QZR (38743) 2015 (Hemi Predator Power)
Toro 421-E (38585) 2008 (New Owner)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
post #9 of 12 Old 11-09-2018, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I am not sure if I have a spark, I did install a new spark plug however I am not sure how to check whether or not a spark is actually going. Also responding to what Grunt[/B] said, I have not tried adding a little fuel into the spark plug hole and starting it.
post #10 of 12 Old 11-09-2018, 07:09 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 56
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by GReyes01 View Post
I am not sure if I have a spark, I did install a new spark plug however I am not sure how to check whether or not a spark is actually going. Also responding to what Grunt[/B] said, I have not tried adding a little fuel into the spark plug hole and starting it.
did u try to start it?
u can spray some carb cleaner into air intake/choke opening to test for starting

checking for spark is easy, plenty of utube vids
with plug removed and touching bare metal on sb, but still attached to plug wire boot, key to on, use the electric starter or pull the starter rope, u should see spark at the spark plug tip, sometimes better visibility in a not so bright location

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

Last edited by vinnycom; 11-09-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in