post #1 of 3 Old 02-11-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Toro S-200 runs fine then stalls Help!

Greetings from Ohio!

I have a Toro S-200 with a Tecumseh engine. It starts up fine and runs well for about 10 - 15 minutes. After that it just stalls. It starts right back up and within a minute or so it stalls again. I have tried running it with the gas cap loosened and it doesn't help. My guess is something is heating up and making it stall. I'm pretty handy and can replace the coil, points, condenser etc. I just need a little advice to be pointed in the right direction. I appreciate everyone's time and advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-11-2019, 05:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 118
Thanks (Received): 277
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 632
Welcome to the forum! I'd start by checking whether you still have spark after it stalls. Also, try spraying a bit of (mixed) gas into the carb after it stalls, then see if it will briefly re-start from that fuel. Between the two, you'll get a better understanding of whether you're dealing with a spark problem, or a fuel problem. Does it have a fuel filter? If it's fuel-related, you'll want to check that the filter is flowing freely.

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
post #3 of 3 Old 02-11-2019, 05:51 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 43
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 110
I think you may be correct that something is heating up and making it stall. IMO I think you may have water in the gas that has frozen into ice and as the unit warms up it starts acting up. That is the first thing I would check. I would pull the carb bowl and check the tank for signs of water or ice in either. Water can plug up the carb jet holes and block the bottom of the main jet intake.

Just a guess.

Most electronics (coil, condenser, ign. module etc.)do not take 15 minutes to heat and die. and they usually will not refire until it has cooled off completely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in