Simplicity skips Powerboost on their PRO machines - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-23-2019, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 185
Likes (Received): 72
Garage
Simplicity skips Powerboost on their PRO machines

And introduces Velocity Throwing System.
Auger housing bearings are replaced by bushings since bearings will rust and break over time.

2011 Simplicity P1728EX Signature Pro 342cc 11hp (at my house)
2014 Yamaha YT1070 (YT1028) 296cc 9.5 hp (at the cabin)

Last edited by Dag Johnsen; 03-23-2019 at 05:34 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks chargin thanked for this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-24-2019, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Nobody cares about Simpicity anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag Johnsen View Post
And introduces Velocity Throwing System.
Auger housing bearings are replaced by bushings since bearings will rust and break over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCqbzOcgrdE
Seems like Simplicity are becoming a retro brand, and for new machines it is Ariens and Honda dominating.

In a snowblower forum like this I would believe people would be interested in the Powerboost system and Simplicity snowblowers making product changes.

But I Guess the marketing is to weak from Simplicity, and fun to see Ariens have started using square tubing Simplicity style for their best machines.

post #3 of 6 Old 03-24-2019, 07:20 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 72
Likes (Given): 277
Likes (Received): 145
I'm not sure how the Velocity system differs from Power Boost mechanically. Maybe we can look into the part diagrams and see just how different the systems are. As far as handles yes the Ariens does use square tubing on it's Pro models but they are nowhere near the channel steel handles of the Simplicity. However the Ariens Pro 28" is one of my favorite snowblowers. I could see myself owning one of those bad boys. I think that the new Toro's also have square tubing on the commercial models.Take a look at Honda's walk behind mowers and they all contain plastic bushings on the drive train. Is that because of cheapness or have the bushings evolved? Hmmm......we may never know, lol.

2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
post #4 of 6 Old 03-24-2019, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
I'm not sure how the Velocity system differs from Power Boost mechanically. Maybe we can look into the part diagrams and see just how different the systems are. As far as handles yes the Ariens does use square tubing on it's Pro models but they are nowhere near the channel steel handles of the Simplicity. However the Ariens Pro 28" is one of my favorite snowblowers. I could see myself owning one of those bad boys. I think that the new Toro's also have square tubing on the commercial models.Take a look at Honda's walk behind mowers and they all contain plastic bushings on the drive train. Is that because of cheapness or have the bushings evolved? Hmmm......we may never know, lol.

Hi,

Powerboost are totally removed. I believe the engines on the PRO models are now so big that there are no need for a Powerboost system anymore.
Velocity Throwing System just seems like a well designed normal system without any special solutions. You can see the Powerboost here:

Last edited by Dag Johnsen; 03-24-2019 at 11:28 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-27-2019, 07:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 264
Likes (Given): 339
Likes (Received): 601
I think Power Boost is a cool system. If Velocity Throwing is just something like a narrower chute, or whatever, that seems like almost a step back. At least in terms of innovation and interesting solutions.

Power Boost does add moving parts, of course, so it comes with some downsides. But I think having an augers transmission sounds helpful, for getting through deep/heavy stuff. Even a powerful car has a transmission (heck, those often provide *more* gears, rather than fewer gears).

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
post #6 of 6 Old 03-28-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
I think Power Boost is a cool system. If Velocity Throwing is just something like a narrower chute, or whatever, that seems like almost a step back. At least in terms of innovation and interesting solutions.

Power Boost does add moving parts, of course, so it comes with some downsides. But I think having an augers transmission sounds helpful, for getting through deep/heavy stuff. Even a powerful car has a transmission (heck, those often provide *more* gears, rather than fewer gears).
I agree it is a setback.
Toro have the no-clog system
Ariens have Autoturn and Rapidtrack
Cub Cadet have 3-stage
Simplicity had Powerboost and it was a cool thing

Anyway let us hope the new machines are just really good, they probably are.

Dag

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in