Big storm friday into saturday the simplicity is ready to go!!! - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Big storm friday into saturday the simplicity is ready to go!!!

We are expecting 16-24" here in Eastern Massachusetts with spots of 30"...first Nor’easter/Blizzard of the year. We shall see still two days away. So far winter has been a bust and most of the snow has been south in south shore mass and northern RI and even they haven't gotten that much. Here are some pics of my simplicity ready to go and with a fresh touch to inside of Auger housing with new Auger gear case and worm gear and a nice fresh coating of Simplicity powder orange...Impeller...a double coat of black.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 0
we might get around 4 inches here. But never know till it comes. Btw if I need to be dug out I know who to ask I just hope we get something as I have to much 2 cycle gas sitting around.... Probably enough to run our weed eaters for 4 years.

3 Ariens 522 Single Stage
Toro 3521 Repowered with a 6.5hp
Craftsman 521 (selling)

other toys
Troybuilt Horse 70s or 80s model
Troybuilt Econo-horse
John Deere Jx75
John Deere Js46
John Deere 111

and a few other parts machines.
post #3 of 22 Old 02-06-2013, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colored Eggs View Post
we might get around 4 inches here. But never know till it comes. Btw if I need to be dug out I know who to ask I just hope we get something as I have to much 2 cycle gas sitting around.... Probably enough to run our weed eaters for 4 years.
haha...as i always say...I'd rather have too much than too little of anything...especially gas$$$.

I guess we are getting your storm and it will combine with one from south of us into a BIG storm. 3-4 inches an hour at points they are saying.

Again...we will probably end up with not that much...whenever they start high it always comes down...I'll settle for 10 inches even..
post #4 of 22 Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 0
I forgot to ask how much hp does that have. It looks like it could eat the toro if it wanted to.

We are to far inland but I think we are getting some of the storm that is coming from the south. So far 2 weather reports are saying 1-3 and the other 6-8 so they haven't figured out much. We do live on a hill though so we get around an inch or sometimes 4 more than what the weather report gets. Will have to wait till Thursday afternoon for any idea of accuracy on what they predict but then again weather is weather. If you do get that much snow remember to post pictures/ videos!

3 Ariens 522 Single Stage
Toro 3521 Repowered with a 6.5hp
Craftsman 521 (selling)

other toys
Troybuilt Horse 70s or 80s model
Troybuilt Econo-horse
John Deere Jx75
John Deere Js46
John Deere 111

and a few other parts machines.
post #5 of 22 Old 02-06-2013, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
8hp Tec HM80 horse.. 319.44cc I believe!!! Yeah that Toro is a small electric but I would recommend that to anyone who needs a light workhorse that is always reliable for walkways/front steps and decks and even driveways with less than a foot...but a pain doing a driveway with the corded part...but doable. Have had that over 10 yrs and never one single problem...
post #6 of 22 Old 02-07-2013, 06:40 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 100
Hey I have been eying a simplicity just like yours, looks great.

Scott
69 ariens
toro 721r
toro 926 hd oxe
78 powerking 1614/48'' haban snowblower
post #7 of 22 Old 02-07-2013, 06:55 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 1633
Likes (Received): 571
we will be under a winter weather advisory later today, all we've had are false alarms

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
post #8 of 22 Old 02-07-2013, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks 69 ariens...I love it and finally get to test it out...have put some good work into it with the help of my Bro in law as well(he helped me get the augers off and disassemble and reassemble everything). He use to have a landscape business and use to repair small engines as well so he has given me lots of knowledge as I go. I never had a real snowblower after last november 2011 and did not get a test at all.
So far new tires & carb(last year)...this year....fresh paint inside auger housing and on augers and impeller....new auger gear case(needed after break of feb 2012) and worm gear with seals and the such....all part of kit. New belts.....new impeller bearing....everything is greased and lubed...new shear bolts although old painted ones are fine...painted drift breakers and the rusted amber light bezel Black again...
New mitten handle and knob on chute deflector. I think Ariens are pretty cool too...love the older ones...Solid looking and hear they are beasts(Attack snow) as well. Love the new too but the older ones literally have the feeling of they don't make them like this anymore. Let me know if you grab one.

detdrbuzzard...I am waiting for them too back track on their forecast...currently 16-24 inches upwards of 30 in some places still...but am waiting for the big cypher hole(no precip on radar although it is everywhere else) that will show up over us to reduce snowfall totals or just the usual blown forecast. Opppp Mayor Menino just called no school for the city of Boston...we will definitely have less snow then they are saying...haha

Please let us have snow!!!! Have been dying for a biggie..

Good luck tomorrow 69Ariens!!! Make sure you get out of the truck every couple of hours...stretch the legs a lot and get some Dunks often. That new brownie batter donut is killer.

Will post pics of storm and maybe some vid if we get as much snow as they are saying...

Last edited by Simplicity Solid 22; 02-07-2013 at 12:34 PM.
post #9 of 22 Old 02-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 3
Did he open up the engine and replace the connecting rod?
post #10 of 22 Old 02-07-2013, 01:47 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 100
My daughter had a brownie doughnuts yesterday and loved it.

Scott
69 ariens
toro 721r
toro 926 hd oxe
78 powerking 1614/48'' haban snowblower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page