LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-26-2014, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
755E Help

Hello I am new so I am sorry if the subject was covered but a search did not come back with anything. I picked up a 755 Model 1691413 S/N 004563 and its in pretty good shape I cleaned the carb and got her running but I am getting gas flowing out of the primer bulb. I rechecked the needle and it seems to be seating in nice. I cannot find any holes but I suspect the float is filling with fuel and letting too much gas flow by. I would like to just get a carb kit but I cannot tell what model engine I have. No engine plate that I can find. Is there a cast stamp anywhere? I know it is a Tecumseh but that is all. Can anyone help or if you think I am way off please feel free to guide me
Thank you in advance
Glen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-26-2014, 06:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 236
Thanks (Received): 276
Likes (Given): 2803
Likes (Received): 506
Hello and welcome to the forum gp42gpw. Tecumseh engine numbers should be stamped into the top of the recoil assembly. If you have electric start, the numbers are probably hidden underneath the switch block.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-26-2014, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thank you it does have an electric start. It does not work but I will pull it tomorrow.
post #4 of 8 Old 02-28-2014, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I pulled the starter and there is no markings at all. Can anyone help and tell me the engine models that came on this blower? Did the two types use the same carb? Anyone know the carb number?
Thank you in advance
Glen
post #5 of 8 Old 03-04-2014, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I found some info I hope it can helps others if you end up in this postion. the engine to the best of my knowledge is either a H70 or HSK70 the carb did have numbers stamped in it but I had a hard time crossing them I did find that it crossed to part number 632371 and I ordered the float needle and gasket.
Thanks for the input
Glen
post #6 of 8 Old 10-13-2014, 09:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by gp42gpw View Post
I found some info I hope it can helps others if you end up in this postion. the engine to the best of my knowledge is either a H70 or HSK70 the carb did have numbers stamped in it but I had a hard time crossing them I did find that it crossed to part number 632371 and I ordered the float needle and gasket.
Thanks for the input
Glen

Late to the game.. but that Carb can be had on Amazon for $30! I have the same snowblower (well I have it to fix for a friend). Unfortunately even after a new carb - that engine never ran correctly. I got it running enough -but it was fussy.. First storm my buddy blew the engine.. So I have the Electric starter avail for sale if you need it

-> CraZySteve <-
-2014 Ariens Pro-28
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-30-2015, 09:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Needle and seat is a good idea, then set the float as follows:
"Proper float setting will require the use of TecumsehPower tool part number 670377 or a 11/64" drill bit. The procedure for setting the float height is as follows. Remove the bowl gasket, then hold the carburetor in the inverted position. Place the tool across the carburetor body opposite and parallel to the float hinge pin. Adjust the float height by bending the tab on the float until it touches"
post #8 of 8 Old 01-30-2015, 09:45 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I have an 755E and the engine info on mine is right behind the black electric start plug. Mine has the engine spec ie(mine is H70) and the exact engine info number, mine is 130261L. So if you search tecumseh 130261L you get info on it. Hope it helps you they are well made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page