post #1 of 9 Old 12-23-2011, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Location: In the land of slush on the shores of Long Island Sound in CT
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Hunting for Original Cab for Sig Pro

I ordered a factory cab for my signature Pro but I was sold a "Universal" unit. Which is exactly what I didn't want. I'm looking for one like this one -

Attachment 439
Attachment 440

If anyone has any idea where I could find one I'd be in your debt. I tried calling Simplicity this afternoon but got no answer. I'll try again on Friday. I know it's close to the holiday and won't lose my mind if everyone's gone for the week.

The universal doesn't fit without some potentially big modifications to the blower and that just isn't gonna happen - I'm not drilling holes in a very expensive machine just to install a cheapo cab that's going to last 2 1/2 years max. I'll find some way to cobble it on for this winter and or next but I'm holding out for the stock high quality cab - I found those images on the company site so they should be available some where. Right? I'd even go for NOS just to get the right thing that fits well.
Thanks in advance for your help-
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 553
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 584
Likes (Received): 604
Hi Marcintosh. Your images don't come up. Maybe you could try posting them again. Your machine isn't that old, I would think your dealer, or a check online would get you in the right direction. What's the specific model number of your Simplicity and the engine?

Last edited by bwdbrn1; 12-23-2011 at 08:19 AM.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-24-2011, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Stock Cab Images - really!

Aw sheesh - You'd think I know by now to flush the cache first. My apologies -

The Package # is 1694440 / the engine is a B&S Intek 10.0 hp / The Model is Sno-Away 10 24"

Anyway, the dealer I bought the machine from (I don't go there anymore) when I asked about a cab went into a lot of hemming and hawing "Wellll they're expensive and not many people buy them and well you know" sort of conversation. I asked a couple of times too.

The dealer I've moved on to honestly tried to get me this unit - "I ordered from the book and this is what they sent me" exact words.

I really don't get it. I was able to access these images from the Dealers site. I found that page using Google - how hard can it be?

I'm not looking for a bargain or a sale price or a "deal". I just want the part - the right part. I don't think I should have to make this sort of effort to get the right part. Or am I being foolish to think like that? Why is this so difficult for dealers to do?

I want the stock item because I've found that by-and-large factory accessories wear better, fit better and last longer than third party solutions pretty much across the board.

This also raises the question of when I do need parts, what's going to happen then? Is it going to be one issue after another? I'm really not looking forward to that issue but it looks like I should start planning for it.

And thanks everyone that's looked at this and given it a thought. I appreciate any help or effort on this.

Last edited by Marcintosh; 12-24-2011 at 03:25 AM. Reason: didn't add particulars of specific machine
post #4 of 9 Old 12-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 553
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 584
Likes (Received): 604
I agree, it shouldn't be that hard, unless the cab you are picturing has been discontinued. I'd try contacting Simplicity directly to see what they say, if anything. You might also try looking at this site.
http://www.originalcab.com/ Seems like they might be making these things for everybody. This picture is on their site.
http://www.originalcab.com/PGmain/si...erCabs_jpg.htm

This ebay listing shows one like you are looking for, but, the description says they're black and don't have Simplicity written on them, which makes me think maybe the orange ones aren't available.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Simplicity-Walk-...#ht_2880wt_955

Simplicity's web page also has a dealer locater. I'd use it to find as many dealers as you can, and search out one you feel comfortable with if you don't feel this one is doing what you want.
http://www.simplicitymfg.com/Simplicity-dealers/

Good luck my friend. There's a solution out there somewhere.

Last edited by bwdbrn1; 12-24-2011 at 08:09 AM.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-24-2011, 08:42 AM

Post Thanks / Like
marcintosh. are you in new haven county ? i am in southbnury north of you their is a small power shop here in town, the name is
( chain saws unlimeted ) on main street, it`s an old school place the old timer that owns the place his name is dave, sometimes a guy like this is just what you need to find this stuff,he has been around for years, he sell`s lots of snowblowers, W
post #6 of 9 Old 12-27-2011, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks!

What a load of info - my thanks to everyone- I've tried calling Simplicity and there was no answer but that was just prior to the holidays I'll try again a bit later in the month. The links to pictures also gave me new names to search under and part numbers too - those can really be the key in a search like this.
I just visited the Chainsaw unlimited site and didn't see Simplicity listed but that doesn't mean he doesn't have one in a dusty box somewhere.
I've got quite a bit of hunting to do in the new year evidently. Thanks for all your help
Mark
post #7 of 9 Old 12-27-2011, 09:18 AM

Post Thanks / Like
marcintosh, one has just been listed on EBAY IT IS ON A EARLY EIGHTY`S MACHINE THO. check it out here is the add number 280796312647.
if this is what you are looking for i would ask him to sell just the cab, he may do it you never know, he would make more money selling seperate, or maybe you could get some info from the guy about it. Will
post #8 of 9 Old 01-02-2012, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Swing and a miss -

Quote:
Originally Posted by winginit View Post
marcintosh, one has just been listed on EBAY IT IS ON A EARLY EIGHTY`S MACHINE THO. check it out here is the add number 280796312647.
if this is what you are looking for i would ask him to sell just the cab, he may do it you never know, he would make more money selling seperate, or maybe you could get some info from the guy about it. Will
I scoped it out and it's a round tube handle machine. A swing and a miss. Not giving up though but I'm figuring a way to mount the el-cheapo universal cab. It should last for at least a year or so. By then I should have found one. They still make this style of machine so perhaps I can cobble one together by buying replacement parts.
Thanks for thinkin' of me though.
More later.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-06-2012, 04:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by winginit View Post
...if this is what you are looking for i would ask him to sell just the cab, he may do it you never know, he would make more money selling seperate...
2nd try, same situation, this could be the right cab. No round handle bars.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page