Please rotate your device message - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 05-21-2019, 12:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 69
Likes (Received): 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadawson View Post
And Windows is also attacked a lot because it is so **** easy! If it was actually secure, the entire secondary security product would die overnight due to no need. Check the results of hackfest competitions - Windows typically falls in *minutes*!
It's easy because hackers work off each others progress, and Windows is still the most widely deployed O/S in the world by a HUGE margin... AND the second most open, after Linux.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	statistic_id218089_operating-systems-market-share-of-desktop-pcs-2013-2019-by-month.png
Views:	5
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	155831  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 05-21-2019, 03:50 PM
Let it snow

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 101
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 45
Garage
@CVNY Are you still getting this? Can you post a screenshot of how it looks?

Niall

If you need admin support please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 18 Old 05-21-2019, 11:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 52
Likes (Received): 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabora View Post
It's easy because hackers work off each others progress, and Windows is still the most widely deployed O/S in the world by a HUGE margin... AND the second most open, after Linux.
Windows? Open? Is that like 'a little pregnant', or are the 'shrooms just kicking it?

It's a poorly designed turd, riddled with bad decisions and legacy stupidity . . .period . . .

Any other conclusion is nothing more than 'bronzing a turd' and pure fiction . . .

Mainline *nix was far, far,, more widely deployed in the enterprise until very recently, and Linux is a great competitor now, with the same security models. And guess what? Even whe it *was* the most prominent, it was still rarely compromised.

The writing is on the wall if you choose to read it . . .

Myself, I wouldn't let my dog take a dump in a box Windows shipped in - he'd probably catch something . . .
post #14 of 18 Old 05-22-2019, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 7
It only happens on this site. iPad, Chrome browser. When I scroll down the screen has a full width black curtain that moves from the bottom to top with the " rotate your screen" message. I rotate the screen and most often a full screen ad pops up. I can normally continue work for a minute to two before it happens again. If I switch to firefox it all works well. I don't use Safari.
post #15 of 18 Old 05-22-2019, 12:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 69
Likes (Received): 235
Quote:
Guess we'll just have to disagree on this one... I work on many hundreds of PCs each year and personally own well over 100 for my small business. I have operating examples of every Windows version from the very beginning, as well as OS-X, MacOS, iOS, Android, Chrome, Linux, DOS, UNIX, OpenVMS, RSX-11M and RT-11. It's tough to beat Windows 10...
post #16 of 18 Old 05-22-2019, 01:02 PM
Let it snow

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 101
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 45
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVNY View Post
It only happens on this site. iPad, Chrome browser. When I scroll down the screen has a full width black curtain that moves from the bottom to top with the " rotate your screen" message. I rotate the screen and most often a full screen ad pops up. I can normally continue work for a minute to two before it happens again. If I switch to firefox it all works well. I don't use Safari.
Hmm strange,

Can you grab us a screenshot of this?
I would suggest clearing your caches and cookies on your Chrome browser.
If that doesn't work, we'll continue to look into it.

Ed

If you need admin support please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes gusbuscycle liked this post
post #17 of 18 Old 05-24-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 7
@CVNY Are you still getting this? Can you post a screenshot of how it looks?

Yesterday (Thursday) started working fine. All is good.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Administrator liked this post
post #18 of 18 Old 05-29-2019, 09:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Windows? Open? Is that like 'a little pregnant', or are the 'shrooms just kicking it?

It's a poorly designed turd, riddled with bad decisions and legacy stupidity . . .period . . .

Any other conclusion is nothing more than 'bronzing a turd' and pure fiction . . .

Mainline *nix was far, far,, more widely deployed in the enterprise until very recently, and Linux is a great competitor now, with the same security models. And guess what? Even whe it *was* the most prominent, it was still rarely compromised.

Myself, I wouldn't let my dog take a dump in a box Windows shipped in - he'd probably catch something . . .

Just retired after 24 years in IT, as a technician, no management ambitions whatsoever. I've been Microsoft Certified and also a member of a Linux User Group since the '90s and am fluent in both OSs (including Solaris) and have built many of each.

The last 10 years were at the same company, a very large, multinational corporation we've all heard of. I specialized in server monitoring meaning we added functionality to all servers, Windows and *NIX (and some HP-UX and even some AS400s) to provide reporting and alerting for their admins. Last count I had was 30,000+ servers and Windows were the overwhelming majority. Like 4 to 1 of all others combined. There are no Apple servers that I know of.

A couple things I've noticed haven't changed much in the past 27 years that I've actually been working these machines is that the IBM-PC/Microsoft complex has put the average person on the internet (in spite of the monopolistic behavior MS has been tried and convicted of). Linux remains (still) too fragmented to ever be anything more than a hobbyist's wetdream than a viable alternative for the user. Apple was the worst offender (or defender) of the elitest model of computing having the most closed architecture.

And Linux users still tend to post the most childish comments in defense of their hobby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page