LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-28-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Snapper 1924E: wheels won't engage

Motor runs and blower blows, but the wheels wont move. This is my first blower. What do I do?
From what I can find on the web, it is either the friction wheel or the drive belt. My worry is that I have to tip the blower onto it's front to get in there and see. Can I tip it forward? It's bad for mowers and I'm afraid to ruin the blower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-28-2019, 09:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 120
Check the manual first of course but generally tipping it over onto the front is both normal and often the only way to get into the belly pan to get access to the parts in there. If the gas tank is full either drain it or put a piece of plastic wrap, like saran wrap or a plastic bag between the cap and the tank to keep fuel from leaking.

Snow blowers are designed to be tipped forward like that so no, it won't hurt anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in