LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 07-22-2011, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Thumbs up Bad Ass Snow Blowers

I can't believe no one has a Areins Sno Tek snow blower . We bought ours last year just before the 30" of snow hit NY . Had to drive all the way to Home Depot in PA from Long Island to get one. Got it for under $400 since it was fixed do to the recall which knocked $100 off the price then with my sisters military discount. Big talk was if the Chinese LCT engine could do the job but it's a Areins and sure did. We got the 24" model with electronic start and it worked great, went right through the 30” of snow.

Last edited by Rangermenace; 07-22-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 01-09-2012, 08:23 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I just got a sno-tek 24 inch electric start on 1/6/2012, can't wait for first snow to see how it does
post #3 of 21 Old 01-09-2012, 09:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
ive got a new one to. is there anything we have to watch for?
post #4 of 21 Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 336
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 765
This is the Third model year for the Sno-Tek line..
haven't heard any complaints, and have heard a few people say they like them and they are working fine..considering many thousands have been sold the past 3 winters, looks like Ariens has a winner in the "budget wars"...The same cant be said for other manufacturer's "entry level" models..

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 Old 01-18-2012, 10:32 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thumbs up 3 year owner

This is my third year of ownership of 24 inch pull start. The machine has worked flawlessly thru some major storms-6plus inches with wind aided drifting. It is basically an Ariens but with the LCT engine. They did alot of testing on these engines prior to release and have a winner at this price point.

I suggest changing the spark plug. My engine was hunting a tad bit -change plug to NGK and now fine.
Still going strong in March of 2015-very satisfied.

Last edited by topsyt; 07-23-2015 at 10:42 AM. Reason: updated
post #6 of 21 Old 08-10-2012, 06:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
I'm a member on several other OPE/Snowblower sites and there was much concern about the LCT engine when Ariens first introduced the SnoTek line of machines. The fears and concerns of the usual poor quality Chinese made product seem to have been put to rest at this point. The longevity end of the equation is still up in the air but it looks as though Ariens did their homework when it came to producing a quality, budget "price point" snowblower with a decent and capable engine. All the reviews I have read indicate that these are a very capable, well built machines that are well worth the $$$. A lot of snowblowers in this price range ($500 - $750) are generally not recognized for their quality and performance.

Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010)
post #7 of 21 Old 08-28-2012, 07:08 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 139
Thanks (Received): 270
Likes (Given): 372
Likes (Received): 912
Engines on snowblowers.....

Just tossing my humble 2c in. I REFUSE to buy anything coming from China. It might cost me more but I'm just trying to save American jobs. It is hard not to do sometimes but it IS possible to find USA made products..
Joe
post #8 of 21 Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I just bought on and put it together and I want to put lights on it can someone please help with this
post #9 of 21 Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 336
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by micah68kj View Post
Just tossing my humble 2c in. I REFUSE to buy anything coming from China. It might cost me more but I'm just trying to save American jobs. It is hard not to do sometimes but it IS possible to find USA made products..
Joe
Joe, I agree with you!
but if you want a new 100% American made snowblower (both the snowblower itself, and the engine, both made in the USA) better go out shopping soon..I predict in one to five years an American made engine on a new snowblower (or lawnmower, riding mower, or anything with a small gas engine) will not exist..ALL small engines will be made in China..
The day is coming soon..

MTD went with all Chinese engines last year..
Toro probably has all Chinese this year for the first time (I havent confirmed that yet)
and Ariens has only 3 models in this years catalog with a US-built briggs engine..and there have been stories that Briggs will be moving *all* small engines (of the type used on snowblowers) to China soon..
The end of an Era is just about here..this might be the last model year right now, for a 100% US-made snowblower..we wont know until next fall.

Scot

post #10 of 21 Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 139
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 326
American made

Another option is to buy a good, used machine and refurb it. Unfortunately you'll find many parts are still available but no longer made in the US.

It's unfortunate but that's the way the business world is going - overseas.

Last edited by HCBPH; 11-13-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page