post #1 of 7 Old 01-30-2016, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
New Wheel?

Hey guys,

I'm new here. I've had my Sno-Tek 24e for about 1yr now. Good purchase and I have had a great experience thus far. I now look forward to snow days!

One of my tires are flat. I took it to the local tire shop to fill it but its not holding air. I inspected the tire and do not see any damage to the tire.

Can the tire be repaired? If yes, how?

Should I replace the wheel? If so, where can I get a replacement?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-30-2016, 05:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 112
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 292
Are there any dents or damage to the wheel rim? Those should be tubeless tires, and there MIGHT be a chance that the repair is covered under warranty if its a leaking rim and its not visible damaged.

You can put a tube in it as well, but if you do that make sure to check the inside of the tire and rim for sharp things what would puncture a nice new tube.

There is also a spray can option that may work, kind of instant flat repair. It sprays stuff inside the tire that gets pushed by the air pressure towards the leak and supposedly, seals if from the inside. I found one in an emergency kit we were given at work once. Never tried it though.

Work fascinates me.
I can watch somebody work for hours...
2008 Craftsman 944.528391 (It's a Husqvarna ST227P)
27", B&S 305cc 13.5 ft/lb Torque 9.5 hp

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 01-30-2016 at 08:01 PM. Reason: delete quote from OP
post #3 of 7 Old 01-30-2016, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I was able to get air in. This is what I believe occurred. I used the blower during the last storm here on the east coast. While using it I noticed it was a little hard to maneuver but did not think much about it. After finishing my driveway, while pulling the blower back into the garage is when I noticed the lack of air in the tire. I believe by riding on the tire it loosened the fit around the rim therefore air leaked when I tried filling it. I pressed around the tire making sure it was fitting snug around the rim and I think this did the trick. I was able to pump air into the tire. I hope this makes sense. I think I created my own problem.

Lesson learned: Check tire pressure prior to every use:
post #4 of 7 Old 01-30-2016, 07:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 112
Likes (Received): 292
If the bead seal around the rim broke, air will escape. Question is why did the air get so low to let the bead seal break. Do you have caps on the valve stems? If those are missing, water can get into the valve, freeze and open the valves. Then any grit that may have been in the water can keep the valve from sealing.
Keep an eye on the pressure, if it bleeds off, something is leaking. If it stays wher you left it, you should be good to go.

Work fascinates me.
I can watch somebody work for hours...
2008 Craftsman 944.528391 (It's a Husqvarna ST227P)
27", B&S 305cc 13.5 ft/lb Torque 9.5 hp

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 01-30-2016 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Delete quote from the post immediately above
post #5 of 7 Old 01-30-2016, 07:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Received): 7
First test the inner valve is tight in the tire stem.
Using a mix of soap and water test the valve stem then the bead around the tire on A both sides. If it's the bead you may have to remove the tire then clean the inner rim of junk using a wire brush.
Easier to restart a tire bead by removing the valve first, till your tire snaps back into place. I'd replace the inner valve in case it's defective for luck.
My tire issue this winter turned out to be the 35 cent valve!
post #6 of 7 Old 01-30-2016, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I did check the valve as well. It seemed ok. I will definitely keep an eye on it.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-30-2016, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
I always replace that rubber valve if I have to pull a tire off. It's just cheap insurance and if you find it's the core of base that's leaking you don't need to take the tire off, just collapse if away from the hole and use a little soapy and a pliers to gently pull the new one in !!

Submerging it in a laundry tube is pretty helpful in finding those bubbles if you have access to a tub or even a big bucket.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page