Snowblower Forum banner

Snoblower runs weak

7K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  mrfixit 
#1 ·
I purchase my Briggs and Stratton snowblower from HomeDepot last season. Worked awesome at that time and the first time I used it this winter. Now when I start it it run roughly. Here is the video how is mine sounds. Not my video just found it on youtube
When I approach snow it throw it away but not as far as before. I did not change anything since last time so I don't know why it would do that. It is still under warranty but I'm pretty sure if I take it there now they will keep it for the rest of the winter. I'm just hoping this is an easy fix that I can do myself after work.

#15 ·
Okay. This is why I'm always confused. The image below shows my actual choke knob. When I say choke on I mean the "choke" choke position (closed like on the image) and when I say choke off I mean in "run" position (open like one the image).
http://www.snowblowersatjacks.com/Images/Articles/snow-blower-choke.jpg
When I start cold engine I put the choke in ON position (closed flow) then after engine starts I put in RUN (OFF) position (open flow). If I turn the knob back to choke while the engine runs it will shut off

#19 ·
With the comment that it runs smoother with the choke partially on, you carb is plugged up. Did you drain all the gas out at the end of last season? You could try some Sea Foam, mixed in the gas, on the strong side. And see if that clears it out. Otherwise, you'll have to clean the carb.

#20 ·
I drain it as much as possible before I put it away for the summer. But did not let it run till it goes off by itself. Maybe some gas left in the carb.
There is one thing I did last night since I was thinking about the old gas also. I drained the tank and fill it with gas that was treated with neutralizer. Then I spray the carb inside with some carb cleaner. Start the engine and let it run for little bit. Then sprayed some more cleaner into carb. Now it runs better but as soon as I press the auger to engage it comes back to where it was.
I will try to make a short video after work on how it runs.

#24 ·
Not necessarily, thats a bit extreme and might not be necessary. Seafoam can probably get it cleaned up and running normally again.

If you can find a gas station near you, it's definitely worthwhile to get ethanol-free gas:

http://www.pure-gas.org/index

And powershift, one question mark or exclamation mark per sentence is sufficient, please stop posting 20 of them, it's annoying.

Scot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.