208 cc lct gas cap venting issues - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 12-17-2016, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Location: nova scotia-south shore - ave annual snowfall 199.4 cm ( 78.5 ")
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 157
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 592
Garage
208 cc lct gas cap venting issues

my lct powered snotek has developed a gas cap vent issue. i did overthink it before tonight. was planning on pulling the carb tomorrow for a cleaning.
symptoms....would run perfectly for ten minutes, then start hunting, then stall. it would start back up easily, run for less time and hunt/stall. tonight i had to use it again, and it was worse....20 ft, stalled, 10 ft stalled. was getting ready to wake up orange crush but thought id try a hail mary and loosen the cap.....machine worked perfectly.
short of a new cap or drilling and plumbing a vent, is there any known fix ?

24 " 1967? Ariens Sno thro
28 " Ariens Sno Tek
Toro CCR ss
1966 Gravely LI Walk behind with dog eater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-17-2016, 05:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 14
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 52
Try loosening the cap and see if it will run ok for an extended time period. If it does, then it's not venting. The solution is a new cap or take a sewing needle and grasp it with locking pliers. Heat the needle with a propane torch until it glows then pierce (melt) a tiny hole in the center of the cap. I had that problem and making the hole solved the problem. Make sure the cap is thoroughly dried and aired out first so no fire issues Never had any probs with water in fuel because it was such a tiny hole. Much cheaper fix than a new cap. If you can pierce with needle going from inside cap surface to outside surface, you will probably have the smallest hole (doubt that it makes a big difference).

Last edited by CO Snow; 12-17-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page