1024MD B&S not starting - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-11-2017, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Hello, we recently bought a new Briggs and stratton 1024md snow blower about 4 months ago. It was working fine up until a few days ago. It died half way down the driveway and wouldn't start back up. I changed the spark plug, changed the oil and verified gas in tank. I shot a small amount of gas in the spark plug hole and it started up for a second then died. I noticed on the tip of the spark plug after I pulled it out had a blackish liquid on the end. Any ideas? The gasoline is from amout 10 months ago.

Also, during the second ot starts up ot leaves behind a gasoline odour.

Last edited by gravitysdepth; 02-11-2017 at 06:06 PM. Reason: additional details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-11-2017, 06:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 197
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 197
Likes (Received): 10
10 month old Gas ? Ethanol fuel absorbs water. Fuel Stabilizer is an absolute must . Drain off the garbage gas, purge the fuel system by removing fuel line at carb, and run some fresh Gas through tank, and fuel line. Remove Carb. fuel bowl, and inspect for water / dirt . When you pour gas into a cylinder, it mixes with oil from rings, and creates that black [ harmless ] goo on plug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page