LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-13-2018, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Unhappy Ariens 921 series drive issues

I have a model 921018 . It ran great and threw snow great. It will drive out of the garage then when it gets some snow resistance it stops moving forward.It also moves really slow in reverse, also makes a like a slipping noise only in reverse. I tried adjusting the the cable to the fiction plate.It did not correct the problem, not sure I did it right. tested the snowblower still had same issues but then the snowblower stalled. Noticed a piece for grass hanging out of the housing where the choke control is. .Took off the housing cleaned out a mice nest. Tested it again.got it running has same issue with the drive and stalling.
Question is can adjusting the cable the engine stall? Or do I have two different issues now?
local dealer is closed til Monday and I have 18 inches of snow in my driveway . Any ideas would be a great help. thanls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-13-2018, 04:01 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 206
You may have to take off the lower transmission cover to look at the friction wheel to see if it is operating properly. TO do that, you will need to takeoff the gas cap, and cover the opening with a piece of plastic bag, and then put the gas cap back on. Don't forget to remove it when it is fixed. Then lift up on the handles and put it into "service position" - sort of standing on its head. Then remove the lower cover, and see what is going on. Possibly the friction plate has grease on it, but that wouldn't cause it to stall, only not move forward/backward. There may be some YouTube videos to help you out - DonnyBoy has very good videos.

Post photos if you are confused.

Where in Central NY are you - I live in Northville. I would drive up to 15 miles to help you out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page