Snowblower Forum banner

CCR2000 choke

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JLawrence08648 
#1 ·
I have an older CCR2000 and it starts and runs fine. The issue is after I push the choke in and start working the choke will vibrate back out and cause an over rich condition. Any thoughts on how to fix?

#2 ·
I have the same thing happen on my CCR3000.
If I see it I just nudge it in with my boot and keep working.
The thing is it is an on or off choke so there is no real adjustment to it.
I always heat my 2 cycle pups up with a space heater and they barely bark when I start them the recoil is so smooth.

Your plastic on the intake shroud is getting old just like mine so there is not a lot of resistance there. If you are worried just get a good thick wooden tooth pick to hold it closed.

But using the boot is faster and after a few minutes it stays in all the way.

At least we have machines that have not let us down. My very first Toro Pup was in 1978 and I am on my third pup now being the S620 and the forth being CCR3000. I wish I still had the first two as well as I would have four of them in the stable. I lost those two when the the side panels broke and I should have had them repaired and kept them.

If the CCR3000 has a break down I will have the S620 as a back up until it comes home from the Vet.

:crying:

#3 ·
Can you grind a piece of plastic to a point and after it warms wedge it in? It's a kinda of a sliding rectangular piece, isn't it? I've used pieces of pvc fencing cut for various things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.