2017 Deluxe 30 efi rough running - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-04-2018, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 12
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
2017 Deluxe 30 efi rough running

My new snowblower had been great, but recently on full throttle it sputters, sounds like it may stall, I added sea foam in case we had water in the fuel, using regular gas, battery is fully charged. Is there an adjustment I can make?
This is a stock model with no modifications.
Finnbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 02-04-2018, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wilmington, MA
Posts: 762
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 98
Likes (Given): 18
Likes (Received): 256
Have you taken a look at the spark plug?

Also if there's significant water in the gas, Seafoam might not be up to the job. You might want to (carefully!) use a flashlight and look in the gas tank and see if you can see any water in the bottom.

Other than that, I'd suggest calling your dealer and ask if it's still under warranty - if so, it should be their problem and not yours.

~1994 Ariens 924084 (ST1032) "papa bear": restored, re-engined, real nice!
1991 Ariens 924050 (ST824) "mama bear"
Toro PowerCurve 1800 "baby bear"

Be alert! America needs more lerts.
ELaw is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 02-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: CT
Posts: 121
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELaw View Post
Have you taken a look at the spark plug?

Also if there's significant water in the gas, Seafoam might not be up to the job. You might want to (carefully!) use a flashlight and look in the gas tank and see if you can see any water in the bottom.

Other than that, I'd suggest calling your dealer and ask if it's still under warranty - if so, it should be their problem and not yours.
What ELaw said.

2018 Ariens Hydro Pro EFI 28" #313 926068 - FOR SALE
2017 John Deere x758 w/54" HC mower, 14bu powerflow, 4-way QH, 54" blade, FM dethatcher, 18 steel cart
2017 Ariens 24" Platinum SHO EFI 921053 - sold
nastorino is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 02-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Senior Member
 
tpenfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,040
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 56
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 190
Garage
The DIY stuff would be spark plug and injector cleaner in the fuel, as mentioned. The thing about the EFI engines, is that they are electronically controlled, so there is not much that can be done from the traditional sense.

Regards, Ted
.
Current & Past Fleet:
2017 Husqvarna ST224 (SOLD)
2014 Troy-Bilt 2410 w/ Briggs & Stratton 305cc Engine
2003 Ariens ST824LE (SOLD)
1999 Toro PowerShift 824 w/ 318cc OHV Tecumseh Engine
1988 Toro 521 w/ 212cc Predator Engine
1985 Toro 3521 w/ 179cc Powermore Engine (SOLD)
tpenfield is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 02-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,163
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 254
Likes (Received): 239
If the spark is good, the injector is toast. Give me a PM, I still have contacts in the injector business. I'll give you someone to send it to, to clean or replace. Could be 40-50 Bucks if you need to replace it, about $15 to clean/rebuild it.

They don't charge to bench flow it.

Check the fuel filter.

Last edited by jsup; 02-05-2018 at 12:52 PM.
jsup is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 02-05-2018, 12:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,163
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 254
Likes (Received): 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpenfield View Post
The DIY stuff would be spark plug and injector cleaner in the fuel, as mentioned. The thing about the EFI engines, is that they are electronically controlled, so there is not much that can be done from the traditional sense.
My point exactly. A carb can be fixed with a paper clip and bubble gum. Good luck doing that with EFI. I said in another thread, repeatedly, it's about the maintenance.
jsup is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 02-05-2018, 12:51 PM
Senior Member
 
tpenfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,040
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 56
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 190
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsup View Post
My point exactly. A carb can be fixed with a paper clip and bubble gum. Good luck doing that with EFI. I said in another thread, repeatedly, it's about the maintenance.
It is going to be interesting to see how things unfold with the EFI engines, given the issues that are likely to arise, such as fuel problems. Will there be expensive trips to the shop to get things fixed and will that sour the appeal of EFI?

Regards, Ted
.
Current & Past Fleet:
2017 Husqvarna ST224 (SOLD)
2014 Troy-Bilt 2410 w/ Briggs & Stratton 305cc Engine
2003 Ariens ST824LE (SOLD)
1999 Toro PowerShift 824 w/ 318cc OHV Tecumseh Engine
1988 Toro 521 w/ 212cc Predator Engine
1985 Toro 3521 w/ 179cc Powermore Engine (SOLD)
tpenfield is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 02-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,163
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 254
Likes (Received): 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpenfield View Post
It is going to be interesting to see how things unfold with the EFI engines, given the issues that are likely to arise, such as fuel problems. Will there be expensive trips to the shop to get things fixed and will that sour the appeal of EFI?
Like I said, I'll go back into the injector business and just focus on small engines. Will be a good living testing, cleaning, and replacing injectors.

Poor maintenance on an injector engine, will result in the same problems as a carb engine. Just more complicated to figure out, and more expensive to fix.
jsup is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome