LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-11-2018, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Ariens 722 Broken Auger Control Cable

I have been happy with my Ariens 722 single stage snow blower which has run fine for several years now. After a heavy snow, the auger control cable broke off at the end closest to the paddles. When I look at the zoomed-in picture of the replacement part
Code:
https://parts.ariens.com/product-p/06943300.htm
it looks like a "z" on the end. When I look at my cable now there is no "z" so I'm assuming that's where it broke.

I'd like to try and replace it myself. I found the part number "Ariens 06943300 Clutch Control Cable" so I could order a replacement. My problem is, the user manual that I downloaded for the 722 does not contain any diagram or picture that shows where the cable attaches or how it attaches.

I do see a hole on the back of the part that I think (if I'm reading the parts manual right) is called the idler. I'm guessing that maybe it attaches there, in that hole, but I'd like to be sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-13-2018, 09:14 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 137
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 322
There are a number of videos on Youtube, I'll bet you can find one close if not exact for your situation.

Good luck.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-13-2018, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
I couldn't find any applicable videos when I looked (before I came here). There were ones for other models (cable replacement) but not a single stage one like I have. Anyway, I found a local parts store today that had the replacement cable in stock. I stuck the end with the z connector into the hole in the idler part that I thought was maybe where it went. It was, as I got everything back together now and it's working fine
post #4 of 4 Old 02-14-2018, 08:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 137
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 322
Congrats on getting it fixed and for coming back with the results. So many times people have issues, get help and suggestions then never come back unless it failed. Successful results are useful too, they may help someone else down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page