Snowblower Forum banner

Impeller Shaft

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BikerBill 
#1 ·
I have a Noma Signature 12 HP 33" two stage snowblower. It's made by Murray of Canada. Name plate information:

Noma Signature 400080
Model NS1233DEL 4147

I need to replace the impeller drive shaft. The part number listed for it on the exploded view of the gear box assembly is 583227. That comes up as no longer available. When I search for parts on a number of other websites I get 585546MA as the number for that impeller shaft. But I'm suspicious that it's not correct because if it was I would think I'd be referred to it when I look for 583227, and I'm not. There is no image available for 585546MA so I can't confirm it's correct. To add some more confusion the exploded view diagram in my owner's manual shows this shaft to be keyed on one end and and mine is threaded instead.

I called Briggs and Stratton which took over/bought/merged with Murray. The customer support guy could not find my model number anywhere. It was purchased in 1994 which I'm sure is before B & S took over Murray.

Can anyone help me figure out what part number I should be looking for here? And where I might find it? I'm trying to get this repaired before the next snowfall. Thanks.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
:welcome: to SBF BikerBill

I went to Searspartsdirect and they show a substitution but it's $174 !! The part number they show is: Shaft Imp 12 Part #: 583227 Substitution: 583887MA I trust them on their substitutions.

Link has picture.
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/583227/0071/536.html

Might be time to start looking for a parts machine unless you're is in really good shape. $174 just seems really steep for one part on a used machine. I didn't take that number and shop around though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.