What are your summer maintenance and repair projects? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-15-2018, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 9
Red face What are your summer maintenance and repair projects?

Now that we have a 6 month break from snow, it is a good time to get some repairs in. Since I like to work when my hands don't freeze to tools, I've made my to-do list that I'm going to chip away on in the coming months. Wondering what you guys have lined up for your snowblowers.

- Rotate or replace skid shoes
- Replace shave plate
- Wire brush and paint rusted handlebars
- Impeller mod!
- Service auger/impeller transfer case (has a slow leak)
- Bolt down cleanout tool holder (aftermarket, slips out of the holes I drilled)

Happy summer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-15-2018, 08:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 485
Thanks (Received): 353
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1168
Hopefully Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 12 Old 05-15-2018, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 511
Thanks (Received): 682
Likes (Given): 3849
Likes (Received): 1480
Garage
I have the new to me 1032 JD that needs to be gone through. Two 32" Ariens that need disassembly, parts, paint and re-assembly and two 1032 Snappers too. Never get it all done. Still have to fix the brakes on my Wheel Horse rider so I can till Powershifts yard

I forgot all about the "Prototype" Powershift. Now that I broke down and bought a new Briggs for it I have to get busy restoring it. I just think that one is a hoot since it managed to sneak out of the factory. Have to pull that Mitsubishi engine and put it up on Ebay.

Picked up a free 24" Sears tiller and already have that running with a carb cleaning and just received the new air filter. Air filter is all I needed to buy and it's dirt ready

Working my butt off. Planting asparagus, garlic, potting spare raspberry plants, chocolate mint and walking onion. Starting to plant tomato, pumpkin and pepper plants and waiting on my water melon, cantalope and ugly pumpkin seeds to sprout. I say ugly pumpkin because I can't remember the name of them. It's a pumpkin that has little knots like boils all over the surface.
Very worried about the peach trees as none of them look like they survived the winter.

Work, work, work. I feel the GF's whip on my back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	180507 917.291482  Free broken.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	145081   Click image for larger version

Name:	180514 JD 1032 before restore sm.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	145089   Click image for larger version

Name:	160130 828 Power Shift as purchased.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	145097   Click image for larger version

Name:	160130 Toro 828 Power Shift prototype plate a.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	145105  

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
post #4 of 12 Old 05-15-2018, 10:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 485
Thanks (Received): 353
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss4aFrog View Post
I have the new to me 1032 JD that needs to be gone through. Two 32" Ariens that need disassembly, parts, paint and re-assembly and two 1032 Snappers too. Never get it all done. Still have to fix the brakes on my Wheel Horse rider so I can till Powershifts yard

I forgot all about the "Prototype" Powershift. Now that I broke down and bought a new Briggs for it I have to get busy restoring it. I just think that one is a hoot since it managed to sneak out of the factory. Have to pull that Mitsubishi engine and put it up on Ebay.

Picked up a free 24" Sears tiller and already have that running with a carb cleaning and just received the new air filter. Air filter is all I needed to buy and it's dirt ready

Working my butt off. Planting asparagus, garlic, potting spare raspberry plants, chocolate mint and walking onion. Starting to plant tomato, pumpkin and pepper plants and waiting on my water melon, cantalope and ugly pumpkin seeds to sprout. I say ugly pumpkin because I can't remember the name of them. It's a pumpkin that has little knots like boils all over the surface.
Very worried about the peach trees as none of them look like they survived the winter.

They are called https://www.burpee.com/vegetables/pu...rod099564.html This.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 12 Old 05-15-2018, 11:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 694
Thanks (Received): 185
Likes (Given): 1110
Likes (Received): 1118
Garage
there just seems there are not enough hours in a day.

try to stay out of the house or else the wife wants me to do something for her.......

cars need work. blowers and lawnmowers need service, yard work is never ending , chopping and stacking firewood , ......have to make a priority list.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #6 of 12 Old 05-16-2018, 01:25 AM

Location: Minneapolis suburb that is the sister city to Lomianki Poland
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 125
Thanks (Received): 49
Likes (Given): 963
Likes (Received): 218
Garage
1- Put new belt, paddles, scraper, and carb on the Powerlite.

2- Repair fuel tank on the 2450. See if it runs. Install spare just purchased 141 r-tek on it if it's blowed up. New paddles and scraper on it also.

3- See if 5.5 Dong motor will run. Pull it from Yardman chassis and set old chassis out for scrappers.

4- Re-power Toro 5\24 with Dong if it runs. Add impeller kit either way.

5- Decide what to do with the HS-35 Honda and Lawnboy Insite 4 strokes.
post #7 of 12 Old 05-16-2018, 03:08 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 56
Likes (Received): 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss4aFrog View Post

Dump the GF.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes orangputeh liked this post
post #8 of 12 Old 05-16-2018, 10:01 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 694
Thanks (Received): 185
Likes (Given): 1110
Likes (Received): 1118
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlowSnow View Post
Dump the GF.
that would be an interesting thread......if the wife or gf said "either the snowblowers go or i will !"

what you do? if it is a GF then dump her.

easy answer for me living in Cali........she would get half of everything . I would secretly transfer the blowers except one to another garage that i would rent and visit once in awhile on the premise that i was going out with the boys or to the gym ( which is acceptable to her ) and work on them.

like my father in law once told me....It's cheaper to keep her. "

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #9 of 12 Old 05-17-2018, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 511
Thanks (Received): 682
Likes (Given): 3849
Likes (Received): 1480
Garage
They are knuckleheads.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
post #10 of 12 Old 05-17-2018, 10:57 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 112
Likes (Given): 116
Likes (Received): 254
Kiss4aFrog I just re engined a MTD Tiller just like yours to do my Mom's garden, Fenced in on all 4 sides so NO room to get the Horse in there LOL So threw a engine I got in some trading on it and worked great, A little more power than the 5 hp on it. Have a Troy bilt Pony that needs some work but I think I may have it figured out and then will sell that one and keep the big one as it takes about the same room as the Pony. Then 10 snow blowers to go through and get in good shape for next winter. and may sell my 10 HP chipper as the 5HP chipper seems to be getting all the use and chips as well as the 10hp but lugs down a little with 3" branches but usually keep those for firewood anyway. Need to make the room and sell some stuff.

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Kiss4aFrog liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page